Today's music exam was always going to be hit and miss coz im honestly not brilliant at that side of things. More relying on a good mark from my performing.
Anyhoo, i got into school nice and early and went over some concepts with a people. Bryan put his ipod in my locker again, but did remember it afterwards this time :P
For the exam itself, i was lucky enough to be sat in seat 1, right at the front of the class. Oh joy.
The paper seemed quite difficult whilst sitting it. The literacy question was disastrous and there were a few other dodgy bits. However, "Ghost Town" by The Specials was featured as an excerpt which brought some joy, even if i didnt answer the questions on it that well, but one excerpt in particular made my day - Ballett, specifically the song i posted not too long ago (Now is the Month of Maying)
Me and the guy i sit next to in class have had this running fixation with the ballett all year and i joked if it came up in the exam i might just scream and well... i almost actually did. I sat there in silent fits of giggles. And afterwards i said to the guy, "It was great, a little bit of wee almost came out"
Okay, it didn't really :P
But it made my day and thats a certain 1 mark in the bag!
As i said, the rest of the paper was come and go but i felt a lot better about it afterwards. My teacher was giving pupils what she put as answers for the paper and it would seem i did better than i had originally thought. I took note of her answers coz i knew my mum was bringing the paper back (she invigilates at another school) and i would be able to check my answers.
Well, after doing that i'd say my mark was about average. Between 24-28 out of 40 at an estimate. However, there were 4 or 5 careless mistakes i made which could have bumped me over 28 and into the A category. But who knows, this paper combined with my practical might still bloody well get me an A!
I hope so. I'd be disappointed with a B in music of all subjects.
After the exam was quite fun. I went back to Rob's house with another friend and we played Rock Band 3. He has pro drums i.e an electronic drum kit that can be used to play the game so it's insanely realistic but also insanely difficult.
And insanely fun.
I don't even have the game let alone an electronic drum kit but it has persuaded me that i must get the game. I've been delaying on it for too long.
But that's another issue: money. I've been saving up for a laptop for my birthday and will have to put about 200 quid towards it. That's all fine. I can afford that.
However, i've also made noise to Bryan about going to the Saturday at Leeds Festival and perhaps the Sunday at Reading which he seems quite keen on. It's mostly coz im afraid Muse will play a poor set at Leeds, and then a great one at Reading. But even if they dont, i could get to see one of my favourite albums played live twice, and spend a whole weekend with Bryan instead of just s a day or two ;)
Anyhoo, that would be an extra 100 odd quid (tickets on Viagogo are surprisingly cheap!) and would mean that i cant really spend much on anything else. So im afraid Rock Band 3 might need to be put on the backburner, as well as my desire for a new xbox...
Agh, i hate managing finances! It's so stressful. But most things i spend my money on anyway is to do with music so it's all for a good cause :D
I've strayed from the music exam... Well i don't have much else to say about it actually. It went ok. I have my grumbles but i also have positives to take out of it, like the ballett and at least im quite certain i passed the thing which is something at least!
Oh, lastly. Its seems Dave the Rave has sadly departed Blogger. I never got to read his final post, just a preview of what it said, "Honest someone pointed out to me that most of the people who comment on my blog declare themselves as older wiser and trustworthy they are anything but they spend all day tracking our posts."
Woulda been interested to read all of that one...
Rowan <3
The ballett that was in the exam ^
This was also in one of my favourite films ever - Shaun of the Dead. Completely forgot about it!
juiceboys *2524
1 week ago

I'm not sure why Dave the Rave was surprised that people were "tracking" his posts. Of course, I didn't see the e-mails and messages he was getting, and they might have been pretty disgusting. I can only guess that he thought that he'd only attract decent people with his blog. I'm saddened that what he got was so different from what he had hoped for. I wish him all the best.
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed at least some of the music exam.
Sounds like the exam, and the rest of the day were great! Good on you, Rowan!
ReplyDeleteYeah, Dave has gone. I tried to email and figure out what was up, but I guess he either took offense at some of our comments, or was driven off by the nutters he moderated his comments to avoid. He's not the only one that's been pushed away from our little piece of the world by idiots. Who knows, I might have been one of them. I, too, wish him the best.
Peace <3
Jay
Hey Rowan- You dont have to post this if you dont want to. I dont know what else to do but comment at a few blogs to tell this.
ReplyDeleteLast nite someone hacked my blog. I dont have control of it anymore. My uncle and his computer friend worked on it all nite but dont know how to get it back. So I got no idea what this person will do but we are going to try to get google to delete it. Someone realy wanted me to stop huh. Well it worked.
Thank you Rowan if you post this. If not I understand and nbd.
DJ
I'm assuming that DJ didn't have a back up of it. So if anyone else did, or if anyone reading here can think of anyone to communicate with who might have part or all of it, then maybe it could be re-constituted from various parts. Or possibly Blogger could rescue it if they are contacted soon enough. G
ReplyDeleteDJ! I hope you see this! Please contact me via email...
ReplyDeleteThanks, dude, want to find out what's happening!
Peace <3
Jay
(Sorry, Rowan, hope you'll approve this, just want to reconnect with our friend...don't publish this...eh, who cares...you can...)
ReplyDeleteGood to hear about your exams, Rowan - and especially your Music one. How things have changed since I taught Music! I might have taught about the Morley, but Ghost Town - no way would that have been on the syllabus. More's the pity as it is a fun song and there's quite a bit to talk about in it.
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting DJ's message - I was concerned at his sudden disappearance.
R
am glad it sort of went better than expected for you fingers crossed .
ReplyDeletemuse any die hard fan would go to both shows rowan. then again the game would be worth getting and then theirs the xbox I dont know
whats more important ..
Dave`s Blog has returned
But rentboys story has been removed `I think`
this is sad news as it`s the first story I have read hope that tristain changes his mind .
DJ I hope you can return to bloging its sad that someone could do such a thing
Lee G-STAR