I quite often vote on things when given the chance to such as preventing the Ugandan anti-gay laws, and most recently the Russian anti-gay law as well. I wouldn't hesitate to so it was a no-brainer when given the chance to vote for this.
The petition can be found here (http://www.equalmarriage.org.uk/) and I'm posting because obviously I'd like you to take a minute or so to fill it in - in support, no doubt! I'm pretty sure anyone in the UK can vote on it, not sure about folk from abroad but why not give it a bash?
David Cameron has said that his party supports same-sex marriage but still hasn't done much about it so imagine if Scotland got the ball rolling. I think he'd be embarrassed that Scotland bet him to it :P
Let's face it, Scotland and the Tories don't quite get on.
But it isn't about getting one over on the Tories (that's just a bonus) it's about two people who love each other being allowed the right to marry. Why should that be denied?
I could argue for a while but I'd only be arguing for the sake of it. There's no valid reason that same-sex couples shouldn't get married and it gives me hope that Scotland seems to have a majority who support that notion :)
Rowan <3
P.S I did mean to post this a few days ago - the petition only runs until tomorrow morning!
P.S I did mean to post this a few days ago - the petition only runs until tomorrow morning!

Hi, Rowan,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link. I’ve signed.
“But it isn't about getting one over on the Tories (that's just a bonus)” You are a star!
With your previous post, for what it’s worth I would say that if the video does got posted on youtube, then under no circumstances whatsoever should you post a link to it on this blog. All it would take is one person with malicious intent posting a reference to your blog, or a link to it, on the comments section of the video, and your blog suddenly becomes common knowledge of everyone at your school.
Similarly, I wouldn’t recommend posting a photo of yourself on the blog. It is no business of your readers what you look like, and again all it would take is one person finding it... Remember Dave the Rave: http://hardsofthard.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-blog-has-been-spotted.html
Your blog is personal, you say on it things that you would never tell your real life friends; and, within that, you keep a very sensible balance between what you could tell us and what you do. Keep it that way, and keep yourself safe. Your privacy is far more important than your readers’ curiosity.
All the best,
Roop.
PS Sorry if that last bit came across a little heavy... I didn't mean it to...
The only ones who should get "married" are those who follow particular religions.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the state is concerned, civil unions should be the standard to have state laws and benefits applied to family situations.
Just one opinion from t'other side of the pond.