Some people have hinted towards it in comments on recent posts but many more have said time and time again that they wish I continue so trust me, this isn't a decision I've taken lightly despite being pretty much set on it now for couple of months.
I think I've only made about 10 posts since the start of the year and it must have been after a post in March or April that I realised it was time to call it a day.
The blog was and continued to simply drift along, just sitting there, rarely used, rarely touched but I didn't want to see it just wither away into nothing. I have too much love and attachment still to let that happen and it would be insulting and unfair to people who do continue to read it.
The blog was and continued to simply drift along, just sitting there, rarely used, rarely touched but I didn't want to see it just wither away into nothing. I have too much love and attachment still to let that happen and it would be insulting and unfair to people who do continue to read it.
I've simply not been able to give it what it deserves and with venturing off to university, finding a job and facing whatever lies ahead I'd only be giving it even less so before all that comes rushing towards me, we've ended up here at my last post, fittingly my 250th - I've always said I'm someone who enjoys exhibition and putting on a spectacle :P
I think what I'm feeling now is something all (or most) blog owners feel eventually - at least I imagine most do, it's only natural - simply not finding it as alluring as they once did.
Don't get me wrong, I still love visitors and followers and I still enjoy comments and all but... posting doesn't interest me as much these days.
To coin the old cliché; it's not you, it's me :P
I've never considered for one moment to remove or delete however. Not for a second. What's in these 250 posts and (thanks to the new Blogger system for showing) 1698 comments, for me, is like an online diary. I love and cherish it. This blog will remain open to anyone and everyone.
Unless I'm forced to delete it in some unimaginable emergency or if the internet blows up, it's staying right here.
Keeping it open also fulfils yet another purpose of the blog - to help people.
I can't say for sure if I ever have - I certainly hope I have - but this way it retains an everlasting purpose... hopefully.
I know I've certainly been helped. I could go into detail about how and when and where but then I'd simply just be rabbiting on like I've done many a time and which I kinda did in my last post...
Just know that blogging has helped me, and if you've been following me for however long, you probably have as well. Another thing I've always loved about it.
It's helped me from a scared, little homosexual boy to a... braver (?), open homosexual guy! haha
It's also helped my internet grammar and punctuation ;D
Oh, I remember the days of never using capital I's and never bothering with full stops and the likes - just looking back at my first post!
I've become a much better typist \o/
It's also helped my internet grammar and punctuation ;D
Oh, I remember the days of never using capital I's and never bothering with full stops and the likes - just looking back at my first post!
I've become a much better typist \o/
But in all seriousness, despite some of the drama that's gone with blog, I would say that starting it is one of the best decisions I've ever made.
I wouldn't be who I am, perhaps not even where I am (and I do sincerely mean that), without it and all the people who have come and gone in that time. All the love and well-wishes and advice I've received... I'm forever grateful and I'll never forget it. I hope I've been good at sharing out my portion of it as well.
Lastly, like the blog, my email address won't be getting deleted either so feel free to contact me at any time. Please, don't be a stranger because you're not :)
lets-start-over@hotmail.com
I wasn't sure how to end a post of this nature but now I'd like to with a little announcement - one, final spectacle for you.
This, as I said is my 250th post but it has also been made, typed and posted on the day and date of my 18th birthday :)
Thank you for everything, everyone. I truly can't express it enough.
Love,
Rowan <3
"The love you take is equal to the love you make" - The Beatles
"The love you take is equal to the love you make" - The Beatles

Happy Birthday to you and congratulations on making it to this anniversary in as good shape as you have. It's been fun watching your progress through this portion of your life and seeing you succeed thus far as you have. I hope your success in life continues and I feel sure it will. I hate that we will now lose track of you. I hope you will find a reason in the future to show up again somewhere and continue the saga. Best wishes to you always!
ReplyDeleteHello Rowan
ReplyDeleteI wish you all you would wish for yourself. I really hope you have the happy and fulfilled life you deserve. Thank you for letting me, and all your other followers and readers, share in your journey.
And I'd still like to see that debate between Lemmy and Donny!
Love & best wishes
Sammy B
Happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteIt's been good having you around, and my wish and prayer for you is that you will have a truly good life with all the joy that brings.
God bless.
Rowan,
ReplyDeleteI certainly understand exactly where you are coming from. I'd like to say THANK YOU for your openness and candor here. You've been a good friend to many, many people, and while we'll miss you and your incredible life story, we'll miss you knowing that you're out there as am out and proud gay man, who survived the trauma of coming out, made it through school with aplomb, and lived life to its fullest throughout.
I am sure you will be a 100% complete success in your life, and will live it to the fullest. That's great. I wish you only the very, very best as you venture forth!
Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Peace, my friend, and <3
Jay
Hey Rowan.
ReplyDeleteIt's been a while since I've commented here, but I've been reading silently in the background.
First off, congratulations on coming out to the people closest to you. That must be a wonderful feeling.
Next, congratulations on finally finishing high school. The bullshit is over and you can finally join the real world where trivial things like who likes who doesn't matter (to most people).
And happy birthday! I can't believe it's been over three years that you've been blogging. It seems like just yesterday you were 15. Time flies while you're having fun I guess.
I am sad to see you leave, but I understand. People change and need to move on. But don't you ever think for one second that you didn't help people. I know for sure that you helped me. Hell, if it wasn't for you, I don't know where I'd be now. You were the one who helped me accept that I was gay. I was scared and alone, and you felt a little awkward trying to help someone who was older than you. But it's like I've always said, age is just a number. If you have knowledge that I can benefit from, I don't care how old you are. You'll always be special to me for that, and I thank you.
It seems as time goes on, it's getting quieter and quieter around blogland. Now with you gone, it'll be even more so. I remember when I came around, there seemed to be a myriad of blogs and stories, and now there are only a few left. But like I said, people change and move on, and us left behind have to accept that and move on too.
I'll miss you, and I wish you the best in life. If you still have my email address, I'd love to hear from you sometime to see how you're doing. If you don't, it's on my profile.
Enjoy this last summer of freedom, and get out there and kick some fucking ass!
143
_Kevin
Well, Ro, I do hope you'll reconsider, and maybe pick it up again once you get to Uni.
ReplyDeleteYour journey has just begun! :-)
And thanks for the 250 great posts!
-Andy
Hi there, Rowan
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your birthday (I hope you had a great time) and also on your 250th blog post.
"To every thing there is a season; and a time to every purpose under heaven." I understand why you're stopping posting; though I shall miss hearing from you, it is a joy to me that you are taking your next steps forward in life as a confident, out, gay man. You said that you have received a great deal from this blog; I think it's obvious that you have given a great deal too. There's Kevin's comment above, and I can think of quite a few others who have been inspired and encouraged by you in various ways.
I wish you all the best for the future: long life and happiness, whatever course your life takes. Most immediately, I hope you get into the university that you want, and have an enjoyable and successful time there. I think you will find it as liberating an experience as your last year at school has been.
Take care
Mark
I know we don't talk anymore and I am glad that you talked to me that day and forgave me for what I did to you. I will miss reading about what you are doing. I will miss you also. I did read all your posts, and it was a way for me to see what you been doing. Have a good time in college now, and always be who you are. You did show me that I should have always been myself. I will always watch here in case you do decide to write some more. Thanks, Richard.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your 18th!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, too, on reaching the end - and the new beginning - and for doing so with such style and grace. I wish you all the best for whatever the future holds.
Thank you for sharing the journey with us, and thank you for keeping the blog open, so others can find you, and can take support from what you've done.
Best wishes,
Roop.
I realize you don't actively blog anymore, but I was curious what you thought of the new Muse cd?
ReplyDeleteD-
Peace Rowan.
ReplyDeleteDav.
I hope it's been a great year for you, Rowan! How about a short update on how you're doing?
ReplyDeleteDoubt you're checking this email any more, but I hope you are still doing really well, Rowan! You were a force here in the blogworld, and I sure hope your life is still awesome!
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay
Just thinking of you. Hope your life is going well.
ReplyDeleteTill next time, G