Sunday, 27 September 2009

A Rent-Boy Named....

Hi anyone and everyone,

just a short post to mention this fantatsic story

It is called "A Rent-Boy Named..." it's about a 14 year old boy named James who is homeless on the streets of LA in 1969/1970. I was lucky enough to come across it in February and have been reading non-stop. It is updated fairly frequently as well, and has a lovely bunch of people who post comments etc.

The book should honestly be published but today's society can't deal with real-life situations so it is unlikely that it will be soon. The author's name is Tristan Strangebrew and he is just so good at what he does (although i doubt that is his real name lol). So i reccomend this story to anyone who is interested.

It's on Wordpress btw,
http://www.arentboynamed.wordpress.com/

so there it is, enjoy it coz it is brilliant!


Cheers,
Rowan

4 comments:

  1. Hallo Rowan,

    Thanks so much for the kind words on my story! I'm glad you are enjoying reading it.

    I'll make sure I link to you if I don't already. Hopefully we can get you some hits and maybe some new friends?

    Cheers Tristan

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks from the lovely bunch too, lol!

    Your blog starts nicely, and well written too, a very mature 15yo. I love "Rowan", sounds botanical and from the Middle Ages, we don't see many rowan trees nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A plug from Tristan will go a long way towards getting you some readers - because it's always nice to blog and not feel like you're in a vacuum. I'll plug you on my blog too.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rowan,

    It's good you've found somewhat of an outlet for your feelings. Know that there are always people out there (online and offline) that will support you. Continue being Rowan and you will continue to find people that like you being you. I'd like to tell your guidance teacher to shove it. Yes, there are times where you should trim out and wear a blazer. But, as not required, not in this setting. As someone who should be giving guidance and support, he should not be nitpicking on clothing. Especially at £70...Best wishes on your studies and happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid, drop a line or two :)