Thursday, 4 March 2010

Bass Exam

Just a short post :P


It couldn't have gone better.

Honestly, i headed up at half eleven where i got to practice a little next door, with my own bass that i took on the bus with me.
Practice went well.

So then it was my turn, my teacher and i went into the room with the examiner and got things set up.
But...

He didn't have the sheet music that i was playing.

So my teacher had to run off and quickly print some stuff and i got to sit there and have a nice chat with the examiner, he was really nice. Just talking about music, subjects and the likes.
In a way this kinda settled my nerves so that was all good.

Teacher returned ten minutes later and the examiner went over the procedure.

I play 1 song all the way through and sample the other two.

He picked me the one to play that i would rather have not. But it didn't matter, i played through it perfectly, no mistakes that i can recall, timing seemed fine as well as my dynamics.

The other two pieces were the same, no hassle.

So that's all that really happened. I thanked the examiner and me and my teacher exited the room, my teacher shook my hand and told me it was a really strong performance!
Chuffed.

But it's what the examiner thinks at the end of the day and coz it counts towards my final exam i wont get the mark back until i get all my exam results back, in August....

But anyhow, i think i did really well and i'm very pleased with how things went, as i said, i don't think they could have gone much better.

Thanks for all your encouragement guys.

Just gotta practice now for the Guitar Exam which is two weeks today.


Now i must skedaddle. I have homework to do and i'm going to some sort of careers meeting at school tonight.
If i have time when i get back i'll post about other things that happened today.


Cheers,
Rowan


P.S  Here's a little picture for you guys :-)

My bass guitar.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Rowan, I'm glad you did so good. That is a fine looking bass guitar, thanks for the photo. Look forward to your other post tonight if you have time to make it.

    Love,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - I might be getting on a bit, but I can still remember how stressful exams can be. I've been following your blog for a little while, and I'm impressed by your articulacy and the fact that you just seem to be a nice, caring guy - like looking after JJ (albeit at a considerable distance) when he got ill.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK now im really jealous lol you play bass and guitar wish i could play the guitar. must be fun you can then play your favouritw songs and sing along to them :D

    Im really glad that your exam went well. sounded to me like it didnt just go well it went amazingly well. good luck with your guitar exam and hope that careers evening is helpful. wonder what its like our school doesnt do that they only do year 9 into year 10 evening and year 11 into year 12 evening
    rawr
    Raron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work mate. Well done.

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Move over Paul McCartney, Rowans here. Well done. It was prob a good move that your teacher had to run of to get you the sheet music - gave your examiner time to put you at ease and that can only be helpful.
    Lucky me I got your two posts together so I'll leave you a few words there.
    Regards Stef

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dont be too worried. From my musical experiences, not making mistake = above average score/mark.-although it wasnt for a guitar, its still a stringed instrument!

    gook luck,
    -AS

    PS. nice guitar! sexy red/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats man! Too bad you live so far away, I'm looking for a bass player...

    -Kevin

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid, drop a line or two :)