Before i go onto what this post is about, i just want to say some stuff regarding the last post.
Firstly, although things got a little confusing and a little heated, your comments all made me feel better, for the most part.
I was quite upset when i wrote that post last night, but when i woke up, i was calmed and your comments helped a lot. So thanks guys.
Also, lets not start fighting please or accusing people of anything. I don't believe anybody wants JJ's blog to remain specifically for their own personal greed. If that's the case then it's very sad but i don't believe it is the case.
I deleted a few comments, or rejected them coz i thought they might provoke some sort of argument and that is definetely not needed right now, so i hope those of you whose comments i did remove aren't too annoyed with me and understand.
----------------------
Anyhoo, this post.
I am now officially on what is known in my school as study leave and it is basically what is says - leaving school to study. All the senior years do it and it lasts about 4 weeks. I'm not back in school until June 7th.
But don't get me wrong, this isn't a holiday and i don't plan for it to be. I have to be studying....my english exam is on Thursday.
*queue ominous music*
So, i thought now would be a good a time as any to let you all see my exam timetable just for anyone who is interested and also if i'm not able to post for a while, you know what i'm getting upto. I think i should still have enough time to post tho.
I'll call next week, week 1 coz that's when things really get going.
Week 1
Tuesday 18th May, French : 9am - Noon (consists of three different papers)
Friday 21st May, Maths : 1pm - 3:35pm (consists of two different papers)
Week 2 (without doubt, the hardest week)
Tuesday 25th May, Modern Studies : 9am - 11am (whole load of different stuff)
Wednesday 26th May, Media Studies : 1pm - 2:30pm (two separate essays)
Thursday 27th May, Biology : 9am - 11am (three separate sections)
*shivers*
Week 3
Friday 4th June, Spanish : 9am - Noon (consists of three different papers)
And there you have it.
It is obvious that Week 2 is the toughest, eve more so coz those are the subjectw in which you really need to be on the ball for and have studied for a lot.
Need to have my bearings with me that week.
The next few weeks will have some stressful moments, i don't doubt that, but i have a feeling it will be somewhat relaxing.
I get a bit of a lie-in (9am latest) and can study in silence at my own pace, so it's really upto me now, nobody else.
What's more - after the exam period is finished, it isn't long till my birthday so i'm sure there will be some nice celebration then. Also my family and i will be going to London for my cousin's 21st birthday at the end of June and will meet loads of family there that we haven't seen for ages. Lauren will be there too, it's gonna be so awesome.
So there's a lot to look forward to but many hurdles to jump before i get there.
Cheers,
Rowan
juiceboys *2524
1 week ago

Will this get through? I seem to be doing something wrong somewhere (my inner geek is not strong!) I hate exams, but a few years on you wonder why you got so nervous. Some sail through, others don't and for me the nightmares didn't last for that many years…
ReplyDeleteSo, if you can study sensibly and enjoy them, if you can't well I think the blog and your encouragement to others shows you shouldn't have too many problems further down the line, particularly with all the friends you have been building up.
Good luck,
fb
Good luck with the exams (even tho there's still quite some time)
ReplyDeleteIf you need help with spanish I'm bilingual so... just putting that out there (A.k.a. bragging)
I said pretty much everything I wanted to say about your earlier post on your earlier post, so, I'll leave it be. But good luck on the exams, Rowan! Study hard, and I'm sure you'll do fine.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for your birthday, too, bwahahahahahahahahahahaha *cough* hahahahahaha :-P Your excursion to London sounds like it'll be loads of fun, too, and, give Lauren a hug for me, please...
Take care, and keep your exam goals in sight at all times. Love you bro, always...
-Rhyn
Hey chap,
ReplyDeleteYour exam schedule does seem pretty full on. Don't forget to budget your time properly, and good luck!
Those times though seem pretty short for exams. Are they always that short? I would've thought they would give you more time...
Anyways, Best of luck fella.
Hugs, Courage and Honour!
Octavius.
Yeah its good they let you have the time off to study for all those. But what happens if you get stuck can you call them and get help? I got this week and two more then I am out for the summer till after Labor Day in September. We don't do the kinds of time offs you guys do.
ReplyDeleteOh I forgot to tell you earlier I got my test scores back today also on the Semester Finals last week. I got 100 in Computer Labs, English, Science, PE/Health, Leather Shop and Home Studies, I got a 99 on History, and I got really good on Algebra that I thought I might fail, I got a 98. I think I worried to much about that one. I lost 3 points on all my tests and I am still way ahead of Mary the next in class, she missed 9 points on all them.
Also I just want everyone to know I was upset my parents did what they did, but there just looking out for me and keeping me safe. There is no reason to argue with anyone about what happened. It was all me that did it and if I hadn't got so upset it wouldn't have happened. So if you guys got to argue then argue with me, not each other. Hugs JJ
Jeez Rowan, I thought I had it bad for end of the year exams, but mine only lasted a week. It's nice that they give you some time off to study at your own pace though. Like Octavius said, manage your time well. Those few weeks will slip by in a heart beat. Good luck on all the tests and let us know how you (think) you did, since you won't get them back til August, right?
ReplyDeleteJJ - Good job on your tests! I knew you could do it, and even after being in a poor state of mind for your algebra test you still nailed it. All the hard work paid off!
Everyone take care of yourself, it's a stressful time of year.
-Kevin
do thease tests ever end Rowan but am sure you will use all this time wisely maybe even get some time away from it all well maybe a day lol.
ReplyDelete@ JJ grate news about the test results and about the blog it sucks but as you say it was for your safety am sure hugs xx