Sunday, 23 May 2010

Louis' House

Today was another scorching day, just like yesterday. It has been really sunny here recently, makes a change for once.

I went to Louis' house today, had planned to for ages but the main aim of my visit was actually for studying.

I haven't ever actually properly studied like that before with another person but i found that it worked quite well. Must have done at least three hours of modern studies in the time i was there and that's quite something i think coz Louis has quite a lot of distractions in his house (pool table, PS3, Mac, loads of garden space....a grand piano lol)

He might have a lot of stuff in his house but not in his room. No tv for one thing so that's good. Also, you might think on a sunny day, being stuck inside would be awful but it wasn't. He has like slanted windows which open way out so you can still sit inside and study and it does kinda feel like you're outside.

Yeh, i love his house :P

It wasn't all work tho, we took a good 30 min break twice probably. Played some football, went on the trampoline, had dinner outside in the sun (2nd night in a row :D) so yes, i suppose you could say i enjoyed studying!

Louis must love it, he's got a perfect study room lol.

Today was good preparation for next week though. Modern studies, media studies and biology this week, the week i have been dreading ever since the timetablee were issued.
I need to work my ass off tomorrow studying so i'm hoping it rains like hell.
Got 3 subjects to revise, probably need to spend at least 2 hours on each :-/
Ho hum, it'll be over soon i suppose. Come Friday, i'll only have one exam left, and a week until it is upon me as well so there are a few positives i can take, can't just contemplate the negatives.

This all means i might not be able to post this week, might have to wait until Friday and it'll just be one big post. Who knows, i might be able to squeeze a little post in each night. We'll see....


Hugs,
Rowan

7 comments:

  1. Ro,
    I bet you wish you had Yank hols!

    What a great blog, you write so well that you even make school work interesting.

    Isn't it great to have someone to study with! Do you find you have quite animated discussions? Then when you test eachother, you give a few hints and out comes the answer. But if the hints don't bear fruit, then there is quite a 'discussion' about the quality of the hints, he-he. But all that helps you to remember the real facts. You will sit in the exam, remember what is needed, then smile about the study session that helped you. And a smile in an exam is priceless.

    A good study mate is like gold. So, I recommend you get to study with him as much as poss.

    I bet Louis liked it too. There's nothing like a compliment about his house to make him appreciate his own surroundings.

    Now, you've mentioned Louis a few times in passing (like study school), but nothing more, or have I missed something? Can you expand on him?

    I notice you've been getting mentions in a few blogs (Rhyn, JJ, DJ, Gabe to mention a few). Keep up the good work.

    You're amazing, I'm proud to know you.
    r.jimlad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Study hard and you do good. Thats all you got to do is study. I wish you luck this week in your tests to. I will know my grades tomorrow.

    Glad you got to go study with Louis to. Good luck on your tests. Hugs JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck from me to Rowan. Sounds like study just got better - good company must be welcome at this busy time.
    Regards Stef

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rowan
    I hope your exams go well this week. I won't wish you luck, because as I told my daughter when she took her 11+ last year, you're good enough not to need luck!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant study with other people, i get WAY too distracted. Plus if there is a trampoline round i will not do anything but jump on it till i throw up, plain an simple. Good luck on them exams :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, now your in trouble I just told my doctor your the one that got me started in a blog to begin with. We looking at blogs today. He wanted to know what ones I look at and he checking a few out. We just come from DJ's, and now he looking at yours. This is kind of fun he is on a computer at his desk and I am at a desk top one by another desk. So far he likes yours to. I am going to take him to Rhyns Blog next and then Gabey's. Ok going to go look at Rhyn's. Talk to you tomorrow. Hugs JJ

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid, drop a line or two :)