I returned back to school on Monday for the start of my 5th year in high school. Just the way it works here, so we can get a head start on some of our work and also so we can adapt to our new timetables.
I'm only posting this on Wednesday now coz i myself wanted to see how things went before i commented.
To be honest, it's all rather mixed, there are good points and bad points. I love my English class, Louis and Alex are in it. There is also no change from last year in the respect that there is still a hot guy in my class to stare at :D
Not in the same class as Alan tho. In fact, our timetables are so completely different we're not in any of the same classes apart from PE :/
Classes i don't like so far would be French and Spanish. It's gonna be difficult learning two languages at the same time if the pace of both classes already are anything to go by.
Got homework for both of them after i finish this post. The classes themselves for both of them are pretty awful. In French i sit beside virtually the only person i know in the class, she's nice and we can help each other so thats good at least. As for Spanish, there are 16 girls and 3 boys (one of who is in New York just now, so there is only 2 of us)
Luckily i sit next to him but it honestly feels so isolated. The teacher is decent, especially as everyone we would be getting some other teacher who everyone hates, instead we got a younger teacher and she's from Ireland. She is nice but has a totally no-nonsense attitude.
I got a new teacher for Media too, again, there are only 3 boys but there are only 6 girls, its a very small class.
It looks like it will be quite tough too.
Lastly, new music teacher as well (ive just realised tht i have kept none of my previous teachers) and the same hot guy from my english class is in my music one too. Got some good other friends in the class also and although i really would have liked to keep my old music teacher, it and English are pretty much the only subjects i have no complaints about.
We have the regular PSHE, RE and PE classes, (still to do RE actually, that will be tomorrow) so that means that i cant avoid Steven unfortunately. I've managed to swerve sitting beside him in PSHE but he is still too close for my liking.
Oh, and double periods have been introduced, they last a total of 100 miuntes and they are utter hell.
Anyway, just thought i'd fill you in on all thats new etc. and also let you know that the teachers, even though the exams only finished last Friday, really aren't taking it easy on us. They all say this year is going to be a lot tougher than the previous one, they also like to remind us that "the next few weeks before summer are not a time to relax."
Thanks for that.
After scaling one wall over the past few months, a fresh, taller one has now been put in our way.
C'est la vie!
Hugs,
Rowan
juiceboys *2524
1 week ago

One thing about small schools, is all your friends are in the same class still. The only change we see is the teachers and a lot them are the same to. Teachers in a small school end up teaching everyone. 9th grade English teacher also teaches 10th, 11th, 12th, grade English and 1 or 2 other classes.
ReplyDeleteSo if you want the same friends in class each year have to be in a small school. Sounds like you going to have some hard classes this next year. We was told also all of our classes next year will be harder and I got AP classes to do also. We will both have fun.
Only I wouldn't like it if i started a new year before summer vacation and was told i have to study then to. Thats suppose to be your time off not more school time. I like ours where we finish a grade and have the summer off then start another grade. This is a lot better. Ok got to go to the other blogs and check them out to. Hugs JJ
Rowan like your saying "scaling new taller walls" but I think climing new moutains sounds way more scenic.
ReplyDeleteNew teachers are prob a bit like news shoes they should get a lot more comfortable as you wear them in.
Good luck and I hope the is some hottie waiting to meet in the new year.
Take care Stef
Half wanting to go to England, and half stunned by utter disbelief:
ReplyDelete1. Schools starts in June?! Isnt there a 2-month intermission for mental recovery?
2. 100 minute classes sounds inefficiently fun.
Is there a serious gender gap in your school? And undercrowding?
Good luck for your 5th year, and thank god im finishing my 2nd (CA high school) year.
/D
I'd be sceptical about the "this year will be harder than last one" 'cuz I got it every year and it was always a lie... I could be wrong...
ReplyDeleteAlso, I've discovered that knowing spanish and english eases learning french (except for pronuntiation) but don't let your guard down anyway. ;] good luck
Seeing there is no new post AND IT'S A VERY SPECIAL DAY I'LL JUST WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY ROWAN - ALL THE BEST AND I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY.
ReplyDeleteRegards Stef
Hey. You. Yeah, you. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a safe, fun, exciting day! Here's to you, and may all your wishes come true.
ReplyDelete-Kevin
rowan happy birthday hope you have a grate day
ReplyDeleteremember my 16th big well ish party all my cousins came from Liverpool.
day after i came out to mum & dad .
enjoy your day mate..
DRU