The first thing i want to share is this picture that David got drawn of myself, DJ and JJ.
He asked an artist in California to do it and i remember hearing about it a while ago and i forgot about it until i seen it not a few mins ago on JJ's page, so that was a nice surprise :)
Anyway, here it is :
JJ is the one closest, sitting on the rocks overlooking me and DJ in the water. I also appear to be chasing him :P
I think it's a really lovely picture and i want to say thank you to David :)
Maybe, one day (hopefully) the picture could become reality...
The next thing i want to share is unfortunately not as pleasant as the picture above.
This is something i saw someone posting about on a social network site i am on. I am friends with the person who posted this certain item, don't worry tho, she was condeming it.
It concerns a group of people called C.H.O.P.S
... *ahem*
Changing HomoSexuals to Ordinary People
:/
Maybe the best thing to do would be ignore this and things like it but i just couldn't because i actually found it quite laughable.
http://www.lovegodsway.org/
It's pathetic. Reading it wasn't nice but then there is this section on it called "Gay Bands" that parents must look out for to see if their kids are watching and i was laughing my ass off reading it. Here's the list of "Gay Bands" :
(oh btw, if over 3 of these bands are on your itunes etc. then you must seek help =P)
•Ween
•Lil'Wayne
•P!nK
•The Black Keys
•Coldplay - 1
•SlipKnot (wtf?) - 2
•RadioHead - 3 (oh no im screwed :O)
•Michael Jackson - 4
•Boredoms
•School of Seven Bells
•Jason Mraz
•Jonas Brothers
•Rilo Kiley
•Death Cab for Cutie
•Sarah McLachlan
•George Strait
•Cold War Kids
•Toby Keith
•P-Diddy
•Black People
•Vampire Weekend
•King Crimson
•Kate Bush
•Bob Dylan (wtf?) - 5
•Fleet Foxes
•Sigur Ros
•Twisted Sister
•The Spores
•Scissor Sisters (lol) - 6
•Turbonegro
•Rufus Wainwright
•Merzbau
•Ravi Shankar
•The Butchies
•Wilco
•Bjork
•Tech N9ne
•Ghostface Killah
•Bobby Conn
•Morton Subotnik
•Cole Porter
•The String Cheese Incident
•Eagles of Death Metal
•Polyphonic Spree
•The Faint
•Interpol - 7
•Twisted Sister
•Tegan and Sara
•Erasure
•The Grateful Dead
•Le Tigre
•Marilyn Manson (wtf?)
•The Gossip - 8
•The Magnetic Fields
•The Doors (WTF?) - 9
•Phish
•Queen (lulz) - 10
•The Strokes - 11
•Morrissey (huh?)
•Metallica (Seriously wtf?) - 12
•Judas Priest
•The Village People
•The Secret Handshake
•The Rolling Stones (come on now) - 13
•David Bowie - 14
•Frankie Goes to Hollywood - 15
•Man or Astroman
•Richard Cheese
•Jay-Z (is this really serious?)
•Depeche Mode - 16
•Kansas
•Ani DiFranco
•Fischerspooner
•John Mayer
•George Michael
•Angel Eyes
•Velvet Underground
•Madonna
•Elton John ( =P) - 17
•Barry Manilow
•Indigo Girls
•Melissa Etheridge
•Eminmen
•Nirvana (gtfo) - 18
•Boy George
•Jon Brion
•The Killers (*facepalm*) - 19
•Lou Reed - 20
•Lil' Wayne
•Motorhead (what?) - 21
•Jill Sobule
•Wilson Phillips
•DMX
•Wesley Willis
•Lisa Loeb
•Ted Nugent
•Dogstar
•Thirty Seconds to Mars
•Lil' Kim
•kd lang
•Frank Sinatra
•Hinder
•Nickleback - 22
•Justus Kohncke
•Bob Mould
•Clay Aiken
•Arcade Fire
•Bright Eyes
•Corinne Bailey Rae
•Audioslave
•Red Hot Chili Peppers - 23
•Panic at the Disco
•The Cure
•Spin Doctors
•The Deers
•Lindsey Lohan
•The Smiths
•Beck
•Tom Waits
•The Cramps
•Cannibal Corpse (this is a piss-take)
•Britney Spears
•Perfect Sin
•The Queers
•NoFx
•Soup Dragons
•Elton John (yeah, you already mentioned him)
I have 23 of them! There's no redemption for me!
But seriously, i couldn't not laugh at that inane drivel. I mean, Slipknot, Cannibal Corpse, Red Hot Chilli Peppers?
Queen, Scissor Sister and The Village People are understandable but honestly... come on!
I'm actually worried for those people and their questionable sanity. Their website suggests to me they have a bordeline personality disorder for crying out loud!
There's other mindless crap on their if you can bothered trawling through it. It's not a fun read but funny to see how... paranoid (?) some people are.
The worst thing about that was that i heard about it when i as at Steven's house last night. Yes, i went to his house and stayed last night...
I would have preferred not to, but i suppose i have to humour him. He has my Muse ticket and future iPhone after all :/
So yeh, i heard about CHOPS when i was on Steven's iPad *hides from David*. There wasn't much i could do, i just ignored it (as i did with Steven and his dad's usual prejudice comments) But it was fine after his dad went to bed, we both watched Kill Bill Vol.2, which btw is so epic! Then we watched The Punisher : War Zone.
Quite funny watching some Tarantino genius then some pointless gore-fest right after it.
Anyway, there is something else particularly significant i have to mention.
We headed to bed after the films and just lay talking etc. before actually going to sleep. You see, we were playing football with some friends before i even arrived at Steven's house so we were discussing that and the people who were there. Alan was there. This question came up from Steven :
"Do you think Alan is gay?"
(For those of you who don't remember, i have, for a while, wondered if one of my friends, Alan, is gay and also, i erm... quite have a crush on him =P)
After hearing the question, i froze.
"How?" i stammered
"I just think he might be"
"Why?"
"Well, he never talks about fit girls or anything, y'know?" then he went on to give examples.
But holy crap, i'm not the only person who thinks Alan might be gay :O
I dunno where to go from here. I actually wanted to discuss it more with Steven but i decided not to chance my luck.
I did chance my luck when the subject of Brighton arose, coz Steven has family near there we got talking about it.
I was looking on Google Maps and i went "Heh, there's Kemptown, aka Camptown"
Steven's dad : "Oh yeh, bloody Gay Pride Parade goes right through there"
Me : "No actually, it goes through Queen's Park" ... (fuck)
They both looked at me and i explained that i only knew coz my cousin lived in Brighton, which then brought more looks from them... "No, she has a boyfriend" i told them.
Then Steven said this, which was quite surprising "I don't care about bloody gays, just keep them the hell away from me... I don't mind Alan Carr but i hate how he acts, y'know?"
"The camp factor?"
"Yeh..."
That says to me that Steven simply dislikes the gay stereotype, which his dad has clearly forced him into thinking that all gay people are like that.
Ugh, stereotypes.
Anyhoo, i'll leave it there coz i know i've wrote a lot and it's probably a lot to digest. Congratulations if you made it this far! You get a hug for reading to this point :D
*hug for you*
Rowan
(P.S get more votes in on my Queen poll!!!)


Magic pic - how lovely to have someone do that for you!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah - these lists of things which are supposed to be synonymous with . . . I confess that I score quite well in that list too, so it's obviously comprehensive enough to catch loads of people. What, you think I'm gay? Oh God! And I thought the parade went through Kemptown too!
& BTW It's tantamount to coming out to agree that someone (mutual friend) might perhaps be gay. The next question is ' Oh yes, and how you YOU know?' Some call it entrapment. You are wise to keep clear of such convos.
Wow, I shudder to think... even after all these years, young guys have to parse their words, terrified of what a supposed friend will say or do, if he discovers that his buddy likes boys... This just hurts my heart... I guess this 'Jurassic' thinking will eventually be frowned upon sufficiently where a guy that talks like your friend's dad, will be ostracized, and embarrassed to utter the nonsense that spews proudly from his piehole today... I'm just sick of it, and wish that I could go around the world, sometimes, punching these fools in the mouth!! Someone needs to, at least, metaphorically... The list (rolls eyes)-- don't get me started... OOPS, you already did!! lol I just don't have enough time, or, patience, to address that kind of stupidity. luv, tman<3
ReplyDeleteOh man, if you're at 23 and beyond redemption then what am I at 45? Wow, just wow...
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm really glad you enjoyed that painting. Yea, I haven't mentioned it for a while, and it was delayed due to the artist moving in the process of working on it. I met her at the convention I went to the end of May, so it's been about 6 weeks total in coming, but now that it's here, I'm really chuffed as chips that you dig it.
I was kinda surprised when I found out yesterday that you were spending the night at Steven's... And even more surprised that you put your hands all over his iPad. I will make sure that your iDouchery is not unpunished! Oh, wait, getting too close to my other life, teehee... (TD would be pleased, though). Aaaaanyway.......
Very interesting revelations about Alan and Steven (though his father), too. Maybe Steven really isn't such a bad guy, he's just a teenager trying to win the respect and admiration (And in his own mind, love) of his father and this is the only way he knows how (or the only way that works). I'd feel more pity for him than anything else at this point, but again, I'm not over there to know him in person. Very good read, sir, very good read indeed. *hugs*
-D
That's a really good picture =) It was nice of David to sort it out for you ^^
ReplyDeleteAnd as for the website...
*bangs head on table*
Ah I read that website... and honestly... I'm in a bemused state right now. I never quite know how to react to things like that but I'm rather speechless. Although the band list is just stupidly funny, it's a horribly horribly mean webpage and if I had the ability to email them...
*mutters angrily to self*
In my opinion it's just simply mean and ridiculous. I know the best thing to do with people like that is just turn the other cheek but honestly... grr.
I dislike them strongly.
The band list?? What a lot of funny nonsence. I have 21 of those bands and I'm quite proud =D Slipknot?? Metallica?? My mum adores those bands! How on earth can those be preceived as gay? Oh gosh I find that really bad and funny at the same time.
GAH it's just so... GAH
Words cannot describe, they really really can't. Websites like that *really* irk me something dreadful.
This is rather a ranty comment I apologise =P
Take care,
Lauren x
well that's me burning in hell if you believe all that bollocks was not to far behind you buy the way Rowan. Get the feeling the everyone is gay in Stevens book just by the look of someone . dont worry wont have to put up with him for to much longer i hope .
ReplyDeleteThat is just a lovely painting. I just printed it out on glossy 8-1/2" x 11" photo paper and it really looks good. I'm curious to know what the size of the original is? I'm going to frame it and hang it on my wall. It will always remind me of you three guys. I've sure enjoyed following your lives so far.
ReplyDeleteI cant believe the band list, like wth?! Everone I know likes at LEAST 5 of the bands there... seriously!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I laughed so much with the parade thing
The original painting is on canvas that is 11" by 17", scanned at about 600 DPI, and I edited the margins a little when I cropped it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info David, that's what I wanted to know. The image I got here made a very nice 8-1/2" x 11" print.
ReplyDeleteWebsites and groups like that are pretty sad. And even sadder to think that some people actually fall for their crap. Like you, I have listened to, or have over half of those groups on my itunes or ipod, so I guess I must be gay as well. What really surprised was some of the artists they had listed! I think you might be right dude, I think they've lost all touch with reality.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Courage and Honour!
Octavius.
That stuff is really stupid people think that. I could name about 12 that is in the music collection of my mom and dad. Does that mean they are gay to, I don't think so. I think some people just say that stuff to make everyone gay. I bet a lot those bands is in the music that the people that made that list listen to. I think that makes them gay to. I am like you Rowan I listen to about 20 of those bands to.
ReplyDeleteSteven just repeats what his dad says. It is really sad the way you talk about him when he lived with his mom before he went to live with his dad. If only he knew right? I think from what you tell me about Alan that you should be checking that out. He sounds like a really cool guy.
I really love that panting to. I did what Brian said and printed it out on a 8.5 by 11 high gloss picture paper and Mom gave me a frame with glass to put it in and I have it on my wall now. It is so cool, thanks David a ton for it. I do hope the three of us do get to really do that some day. Hugs JJ
I just left a comment on dj for you and him to come up with bands with gay member in them.
ReplyDeleteI dint expect a list as long as this only got 19 so there hope for me.
I agree with jj its time for a sleepover with Alan.
Here a band not on list.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQIxn7s3ym8
weeyin
36... there's no hope for me... but yes, I've always thought Bob Dylan was gay... (That's a joke, by the way, I know my gaydar isn't 100%, but Bob Dylan??)
ReplyDeleteHello Rowan
ReplyDeleteThanks for the entertainment - the list of 'gay' bands is one of the funniest things I've read in ages! I think someone should set up a meeting between Lemmy and this Donnie character and let them discuss Motorhead's status as gay icons face to face - preferably on prime-time TV!
Seriously, though, I would hope any moderately reasonable person, Christian or otherwise, would see this bigoted claptrap for what it is, but, sadly, there's considerable evidence that a lot of people, including Steven and more particularly his father, think ignorant, discriminatory comments and behaviour are not just acceptable, but commendable. I don't believe in heaven or hell, but if I'm wrong and I end up 'downstairs', which I undoubtedly would, I fully expect to meet Donnie and Steven's dad there. I'll enjoy engaging them in theological and sociological conversation during our collective eternity of torment,
Love & best wishes
Sammy B
lol Sammy
ReplyDeleteThat has got to be up there with some of the best comments ive ever received.
Lemmy and Donnie discussing Motorhead's "gay status" on tv. Why don't they both go on Jerry Springer? :P
And yeh, i would engage in conversation with you downstairs aginst Steven's dad and Donnie. We could have a debate, coz what would the consequences be in hell?
Cheers for a great comment :D
Hello Rowan
ReplyDeleteI'm blushing uncontrollably at your infeasibly kind words. Just another little thought which I didn't find a way of weaving into the earlier comment (a quote from the book of the film "Damien - Omen 2"):
"Jesus loves everyone, but some very strange people love him."
Love & best wishes
Sammy B
Rowan I love The Beatles, DrHook and Smokie - does that make this gay guy straight - I doubt it.
ReplyDeleteAll sounds like a crock of Sh...t to me.
Love the painting.
Take care Stef
Hey Rowan,
ReplyDeleteI loved the painting, I actually saw it on JJ's site 1st. It's an instant classic I think.
I checked out that "nut site" and it had no clickable links on my smartphone (I'm so sad--lol). Anything I clicked went to a Facebook sign in page, so for people with a phone like mine, that will limit the spread of the poison I guess (hope).
I must say that, having grown up around fundamentalist Christians, been raised by them, and having went to one of their schools, that these idiots DON'T represent any real Christians that I am familiar with. They are nothing but a sick parody of unChristian hate, and if I didn't suspect they were serious, I would assume they were a fake outfit put together by militant atheistic gays in order to turn non-atheist gays against religion, and to make all religious people look bad. Unfortunately, I suspect they are affiliated with that sick bunch of pathetic haters who like to show up at soldiers funerals over here, waving their sick signs that say "Thank God For Dead Soldiers!" and such. They pretend that God allows (or causes) American soldiers to be killed, as punishment for our tolerance of gays. The REAL conservative movement over here, considers them to be evil and demented little twists I'm sure. I was raised in a Pro-American, Bible believing and politically right-wing environment, so I do know how the majority think deep down. And these people are NOT remotely representative of that mindset. Primarily, the Right is concerned with preventing gays from getting what they consider "special treatment" as a "superior group" like racial minorities already (unfortunately) receive under the law. They do not want them singled out for special persecution or anything. However they do oppose gay marriage, under the mistaken belief that this would be "special treatment", and would somehow undermine str8 marriage--which is of course the direct opposite of the actual truth. But they DON'T want active persecution of gays.
Point is, I would hope that these idiots don't manage to turn you or any of your readers against religious people in general. These are sadistic frauds, posing as Christians. And this comes from an atheist--albeit one who is positive about religious people and their beliefs. I used to share those Christian beliefs, but left for honest and un-emotional reasons. Both "pseudo-Christian haters" and atheist hatemongers alike, manage to get under my skin. I'd like to put them ALL in a steel cage match, and let/make them fight to the death.
As for the list, tsk, tsk, tsk--ya'll are sure a buncha sinners! I only liked 10 of them. But, honestly, HOW did they decide that George Strait is gay? His very name says he ISN'T!! I could see how "RANDY!" Travis could be gay (look up the word "randy" for those who don't get the joke.) But of course "randy" refers to anyone, not just gays.
As for Bob Dylan, of course HE'S gay. Just look at that song he sings: "The answer my friend, is "BLOWING IN THE WIND"--the answer is blowing in the wind." He obviously likes a certain type of gay sex--outdoors! So if THAT is "the answer", what, pray tell, was the question my friend? The song must've been all metaphors. I'll have to read the lyrics again sometime. Then there was "Eve Of Destruction". Which means that he's obviously very hostile to women, going all the way back to the very 1st woman. HE'S going to Hell--obviously!
So is Peter, Paul and Mary, since they sang about "Blowing In The Wind" too. What was up with that? And they were two women and only one guy...I mean the other way around. Why was that?
And don't get me started on Little Richard and Jim Nabors (actor/singer who played Gomer Pyle on TV)--two great singers who actually ARE gay. Seems ur group of crazies missed THEM. Shhhh, don't tell them.
Till next time, G
Hi Rowan;
ReplyDeleteSammy B. put me up on this site today, and this post in particular. I want to email Dee Snyder and Ted Nugent, both have radio shows, and put them up on this guy. But, Lenny....ooooh, I'd like to see that one.
Great stuff. Real. I love your blog.
-randy http://wordsthateffect.blogspot.com
So THAT's wihy i listen to cannibal corpse. I wondered a long time, but now everything is absolutely clear to me :P
ReplyDeleteThought i'd just like the music oO