Friday, 6 August 2010

Thoughts on "Richard/JJ"

I was debating whether to actually make this post or not coz it might not side well with many people, however i don't care. Does it matter anymore? Not to me. Blogger has gone to shit pretty much.

So, i was sitting around last night about to go to bed and i was alerted that Paul posted a message from "JJ" on his blog (there goes my sleep) so i decided to check it out.

Some of what was in the message i knew a bit of but a fair chunk was new to me. That threw me back. As did the many comments that followed.

Here is what made my blood boil : (i wont name names but it is clear to see who posted back on the comment section)


"I'll welcome you with open arms."


"You have a great imagination."

"I have to say you are a great writer and story teller."

"MSN was where you made enemies, so stick to a blog, and emails."

But here's the best one - "Perhaps you could even start to pen your own story like Cody and Tristan, you definitely have the talent for it. Just make sure you are honest when talking about yourself."

Just gtfo seriously.

I dunno why people would welcome "Richard" back (im sure he will read this but i still dont care) he decieved us, every last one of us, for 6 months and some people want more deception? Screw that.
He does have a great imagination, he may be a great writer and story teller but that is what he fucked us over with.
I enjoyed that one about msn too.
But that last one is something special. I don't even have the words to say anything about it.


On the other hand, here is some stuff from the comments i did like -

"all these guys that want you back well thats just crazy"


"seem to me some these guys want to make you a hero well you are no hero to me and i hope i never meet someone like you again."

"forgiveness at any cost? Sorry, not in my book"

I also enjoyed Sammy B's post, Gabe's 2nd post, David's 2nd post and the words of Lightning Baltimore. You guys + DJ can be my friends.


And this is to "Richard", my final words to him :

I don't really know where to begin now that i know everything. Everything has been made up...
You want applause, well you have it from me, you successfully fucked me over. Congratulations.
I was so excited when we first met. I felt ecsatic, i wanted to talk to you 24/7 to try and get to know you better. I did, well, i got to know of your dreams and your dream problems.
You kept me up on many nights till past 4am to deal with those "problems" which were all made up. You were the cause of many sleepless nights because i had real feelings for you. I wonder if you did for me, or maybe you sat there laughing at everyone.
The hospital visit, the story about Mike, the story about the school bully, your coming out story, your parents knowing about your blog, your constant "fights" with David which constantly had me on edge and worried, your gay friends which i envied... the list goes on... it aroused all these different emotions and actions in me which i now know meant absolutely nothing.
I cried for you, with you, i made you a fucking video for your birthday and it probably wasn't even your birthday for all i know. I even sang on camera for you.
Over the months, i felt like i was talking to a real person. It seemed real, i never questioned your photos, or the itunes cards you somehow managed to afford, but that all counts for nothing now.

I hope you're happy. You have left me with severe trust issues. I told you stuff that i never thought i would ever tell anyone in the whole world. You know some of my deepest secrets and you're not even who you say you are. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW THAT MAKES ME FEEL!?
To me, some random kid knows too much about me. I feel naked and vulnerable.
David came to me with some suspicions not long ago and i said he was being paranoid and left it at that. You had me so engrossed with you, you had me wrapped around your little finger. I denied his suspicions coz i didn't want to imagine anything like that happening - what is happening right now.
But what i don't get is why you feel you had to lie. Why couldn't you come into blogland and blog about your real life and the truths instead of your dream life?
I don't, DJ didn't, David didn't. Gabe didn't.  They don't make up plastic and phoney bullcrap. (I hope but i dunno, how can i trust anyone?) You could have posted about your real life and this shit would have never happened. Your real life problems could have been helped with instead of made up stuff. And BTW, that is *could have* i don't want redemption in hearing it now, i couldn't care and i couldn't trust your words.
I don't even know if what you have told everyone now is true. Everything has built up and over the past few weeks the cold, hard truth has emerged and has again caused me a great lack of sleep. The past 6 months which i thought were brilliant now, are total shit.
Im not going to say anything else but i echo the words of DJ "i hope i never meet someone like you again"
And to round things off, i concur with how Gabe feels as well "YOU have made me want to stop blogging"

Goodbye... "friend"


I don't know when you guys will here from me again. You can thank Richard or whatever the fuck he wants to be called.

Bye.

29 comments:

  1. Hello Rowan
    I was on night shift while the post on Paul's blog and the associated comments started to accumulate, so I was kind of following it in real time (as work allowed). By the time I got home this morning, I was absolutely seething, the results of which you can see in the comment that I left. If I was that angry, I can only imagine how you, Gabe, DJ and others that were directly affected by what had happened would have felt - it was almost a second betrayal.
    I, personally, hope you decide not to give up your blog, because I think it would be a great loss, but I have no problem in understanding why you would want to walk away. If you do decide not to return, I'd like to wish you all the best for your future, and I'd like to say that I'm proud that you might consider me as a friend, even potentially.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't blame you Rowan dont no how you feel right now mate I to have lost faith with all this crap I did have doubts about his story from when he mentioned about mike and wouldn't mind if mike had sex with his cousin who was also gay
    total bollocks . not even sure the suicide aspect part was real now right now how the fuck can you lie about trying to kill yourself
    I don't know any-more really hope you don't give up the blog mate he wasnt the reason you began to blog was he .As for me JJs blog was the reason I took it up then hear so like all the others I was sucked into it .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rowan,
    You have finally gotten the message across to me. Now I understand the depth of feeling and hurt you four feel from what has been done to you by this person. For us casual blog readers it didn't seem so serious. We weren't personally involved. It just seemed like a simple storybook fantasy. I understand now your sense of betrayal.

    I would like to think this person didn't intend for all this to happen, that he didn't realize your level of emotional involvement, that he didn't know the feeling of hurt he would leave behind. I would like to put it all off to him just being immature, not having lived long enough to realize the consequence of his actions. But now I don't know.

    I'm really sorry the four of you had to go through this. I hope you can quickly put this period behind you and once again learn to trust people without always having to be suspicious, always wondering if there is a villain you are dealing with.

    You thought you were doing good by helping him find his way in the blog world and by helping him with his problems. We all thought you were also. It really makes me sad to know how much you have been wronged.

    I apologize for taking his actions so lightly.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a rite to feel angry dude..., we all do, but don't let that stop you from doing something you enjoy. Unfortunately in this life, these things happen, and will probably happen again..., sad but true. I for one, hope you don't stop blogging, but if you do..., please stay in touch once in a while.

    I'm sorry if you took what I said the wrong way, but as I'm sure you realise, I was a little shaken at the time. This whole event has brought into stark contrast, the realities that we all face when wearing our hearts on our sleeves.

    Know this though, I will understand if you choose to leave, but I will certainly miss you.

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read inklings of this little Saga on Sammy's blog. However I don't really understand what exactly has gone on. If it is not too much trouble, could you please explain it to. It may help me undestand some of Sammy's angsty posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sums up how I feel right now....











    Nothing at all...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't followed this group of bloggers in the blog world, my group fell apart to apathy and twitter a little while ago-- thankfully there was no deception in my group (that I know of ofc).

    However, I totally empathize with how you must feel. And I'm so sorry, because you are right-- you are likely to have resonating trust issues for some time. I hope you can get over these soon and realize that the majority of people out here aren't even capable of such deception. I think the vast majority are real, empathic people who are just like you-- seeking friendship in a unique circumstance that allows us to open up more easily. Its so unfortunate that the actions of one or very few can have such a profound affect on us.

    I don't know you well, and I wish I did, because I just want to hug you and remind you that we have to work through pain to see the lessons we can learn from it, to be a better person tomorrow.

    Much Love,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rowan,

    I'm sorry if my comment on Paul's blog caused you extra pain, that was in no way my intention. Nothing can excuse the pain and betrayal Richard has caused to you.

    But neither do I think I was wrong in what I said. I was not saying that he should start writing a story right now, more trying to point out to a kid that he does have a talent, and could use it in a constructive way at some point in the future.

    I was not directly involved with any of this, rather more of a sideline spectator. Between David's post on Paul's blog, and your post here I am beginning to understand more of what it is like from your side of the fence, and while it makes me feel more sympathy for you, I still don't believe it is right to write Richard off altogether, I still believe he is a kid that needs support. It is a different type of support than you guys need however.

    Unfortunately I can almost guarantee that this will not be the last time you are conned in your lifetime. Whether it be by a friend, co-worker, employee or some random guy selling you stuff. I can only hope for your sake that any further incidents won't have such a huge emotional impact on you.

    I don't even know if you'll read this, but I sincerely wish you all the best in life, and hope that you won't leave the blogging world behind because of this. Either way, I will probably retreat back into lurking mode at least for a while, I don't want to cause you guys any more pain.

    Best wishes,
    Mason

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rowan, DJ, Gabe, David and others I might be missing,

    Rowan, I feel like I've known you for a really long time. Your blog has helped me so much when I really needed it. You're a young guy that is able to teach an old guy a thing or two. I still thank you.

    DJ, Gabe, Dave and other bloggers, I didn't get a chance to know you. I was off the Internet for most the year and didn't get a chance to share your blogspace with you. I'm so sorry. From what everyone has said, I feel like I missed the chance to meet some really special people.

    I am so sorry JJ has betrayed you guys so completely. I hear your hearts' anguish screaming out in your words. Each of you. It hurts deeply just hearing you talk about what he did to you. I can only imagine how much more it must hurt you inside. The whole situation makes me want to cry.

    Rowan, I hope you can find it within yourself to continue to blog. DJ and Gabe, I hope you bring your blogs back. I could give you a big list of reasons why it would be best for you to do this. But they would all ring hollow now.

    I just hope you do. For my own, selfish reasons, I suppose. Rowan, I know you are, well, just a really good person. I'm sure the same is true of you, DJ, and you too, Gabe. I hope that you guys will be willing to continue to share at least some part of yourselves with us on your blogs. Otherwise, I guess I'll feel like I lost something really important before I really knew I had it. Yup. Selfish reasons...

    What's more important though, is that you guys stay in touch with each other. You are close friends and you have lost someone you considered a very close friend. You each need to grieve your loss. It will be easier if you share your loss together. And you don't need to share this with anybody else, if you don't feel like it. Just take care of yourselves and take care of each other.

    You know, I'm still totally shocked by what JJ has done to you guys. I don't know what I think in my head or in my heart about JJ right now. I can't figure out all the pieces yet. It keeps coming down to intentions. And you can't do what JJ did to you guys with good intentions. It was just so deeply wrong. In every sense.

    My first impulse is to abandon JJ/Richard completely and totally. Its hard to think enough bad things about him.

    But then, part of me just has compassion for him. He screwed himself far more totally than he hurt you. You guys each lost a fiction, a vapor of imagination that didn't know how to be a friend.

    He lost far more. He lost you guys. He threw out deep friendships that should have lasted your lifetimes. Its a horrible loss for all of you. But you guys still have each other. JJ has nothing. Sitting around swapping tall tales with a bunch of old farts can't even compare with having close friends like you guys. What a horrible waste for all of you.

    So, I don't know what to do. If you see me, offering JJ a hand of help, please don't feel that I've betrayed you, too. It will just mean that my compassion side won out. Not just for you guys, but for JJ, too. Like each of us, I will have to find my heart and try to do what is right. I just don't know what that is, yet.

    Fellows, I don't know what to do. I sure won't presume to tell you what to do or how to feel. Just take care of yourselves and take care of each other. Be gentle.
    RARW ya'll,
    -Ikey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rowan: will you pardon me but I'm not sure this "Richard" is 3j.Could be a religious bigot impersonating him. Did You all RB readers have a thought what could happen with Mike's if his family find out the stuff? Having 2 125cc bikes is not big deal as well a big house (a high middle class people)not millionaires.Thanks Rowan; but my honour means fidelity. a hug to You all. Guy De M.

    ReplyDelete
  11. David,
    Please don't bottle up all your painful feelings inside yourself. Don't numb yourself so that you feel nothing.

    Let yourself feel the betrayal. And the anger. And the sorrow. And all the rest that are necessary before you can heal.

    Otherwise, they just turn into toxins and poison you until you finally find a way to let them go.

    Talk to your friends. They need your help, too.
    It'll get better, man,
    -Ikey

    Let it out, kiddo. Let it out, man.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well written, Rowan. It would be understandable if you didn't want to blog anymore due to this. I deleted one of my two blogs due in large part to "JJ"'s blog, before it was even discovered that he was a fraud (though I had my suspicions).

    My music blog, Lightning Jukebox, is still on-line, btw, and Queen rules!

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rowan this lie has become like a runaway train that has just gotten totally out of control and when it finally wrecked you guys were in the carriages that coped the worst damage, and a lot of us were in the end carriages that didn't cop it nearly as bad.For me the biggest pain is seeing just how bad that damage is and it tears me up inside - the pain in DJ's comment has shaken me to the core,
    Like you guys Richard has to wear the consequenses of what he has done - it all makes me feel very sad because in all this mess I can hear a cry for help there some where and I know all of us have made mistakes in our lives - some bigger than others.I do however think we all deserve a 2nd chance but trust is going to be a huge issue for a long time - I just find it so hard to just cut him loose and just let him drown without making some sort of effort to help, that is if he can truly show that he needs or even wants help.
    Def think everyone needs time to deal with all this - there is a lot of haling that needs to begin first.
    Rowan I do think you did the right thing to post this and just get your feelings of your chest.
    You would leave a big hole in a lot of hearts if you were to leave - please stay.
    Take care Stef

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ikey,

    Thank you for your concern. I have been feeling nothing but betrayal, anger, sorrow, and every other spectrum of emotion for the past 6 weeks, though, to the point I haven't anything left to give. My well has run dry; the shell of my existence is now hollow. There is so much pain in my life right now due to a myriad of reasons that this whole JJ/Richard thing is really little more than a single serving of a multi-course banquet. I've been shaken to the core twice now, with several lesser servings to ensure I didn't get the chance to catch my breath, since I would say the middle of June.

    I'm trying to hold out hope and not give up, but I can really only take so many kicks to the head.

    -D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Without being/getting involved in whatever situation has got you so down, I'll try and be a bit positive and say you could look at this as learning a valuable lesson. But please don't go too far and let that situation stop YOU from blogging because of the actions of other people.

    :(


    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rowan, DJ, Gabey, and all others involved.

    Thanks to this post, and David's over in the comments on Paul's blog, I now have a better understanding of what happened, and why you all feel as scorned as you do. Had I known all of this prior, I would have chosen my words more carefully when talking to Richard. That said, the one thing I have learned in my life, is to forgive.

    I don't expect it to be any time soon, but someday, hopefully. If I am able to forgive my own brother for pointing a loaded gun at my head, for no apparent reason other than to kill me, then I pray you will be able to forgive Richard for what he did.

    I know you all feel vulnerable, and betrayed, and used, and a myriad of other emotions. But all Richard was trying to do was find a place he could ask the questions he had about himself. Did he do it the right way? No. Did he abuse you and your trust? Yes. But deep down, he is just a scared boy looking for answers and acceptance.

    Most importantly, I really hope his actions don't take you away from YOUR blog. This is a place where you are supposed to feel safe, where you can talk about whatever it is that you want. I would imagine this, more than ever, is the time you would want to be here. You need to have a place where you can vent your feelings and what is going through your head. It is unhealthy to keep things this serious to yourself, and to the best of my knowledge, excluding DJ, you don't have a place in the 'real' world where you can do that.

    My suggestion then, is to take some time off. Go live your lives and enjoy being a teenager. Once you've had some time to cool down, come back and start reintegrating yourselves back into the blog word.

    One important lesson to take away from all of this, is be careful. You never know who is on the other end, no matter what they say. Now I'm sure 97% of the people on here are who they claim to be, but you never know for sure. The last thing I want to see is you guys get hurt again.

    And finally, Richard. I don't know if he will read this, but I'll say it anyways.

    I will still be here for you if you decide to come back. While you hurt people that I care for, I don't want you to feel like you have no place to go. No matter someone's past, if they need my help, who am I to say no? I can't be that judgmental. I'm going to school to become an addiction counselor. Does that mean when I am dealing with heroin and cocaine addicts, that because they did some horrible things in the past, I shouldn't help them to become better people now? People can change, with time and dedication. I wouldn't feel right if I abandoned someone in their time of need. Just like I will not abandon Rowan, DJ, Gabey, or anyone else, no matter what happens.

    I know some of you that were more directly involved with everything will not like what I have said, but it's the way I think things need to be. We simply can not abandon a human being for past mistakes.

    But again, I'm not saying I expect you all to forgive him over night and to become the best of friends. All I ask, is that you not hate us that want to still help Richard. All of you need help right now, and we can't pick and choose who gets that help.

    Please don't hate me for what I've said.

    I hope everyone can find the hope and courage to get through this.

    143

    _Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi David,
    Well, what you say makes sense. Hard times grind us down. And strong emotions, especially negative ones, are totally exhausting. And maybe, you've just plain hit bottom. Which can be a good thing.

    When the bad things have totally burned us out, and we just can't look at them for another minute, it's ok to sit back, rest and regroup our thoughts and emotions. We need this time, too.

    David, I'm sorry you've been having such a rough period. Know that my heart and thoughts are with you. And with all of you guys. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

    You know, David, Rowan, DJ, Gabe, and all...
    after the initial shock, the pain and hurt kind of comes in waves. And the waves will get smaller and smaller as time passes. Don't try to accept it all at once. It's pretty overwhelming. Just eat it a little bite at a time. One or two as you can. If you do like this, over a little time, the pain will drain away.

    It is hard now. You will never forget what happened. But, finally, you will be able to look back at it - as just something that happened.

    You know, I've read what Stef and Kevin, and Raron over on Paul's Place, have written. They have said what is resonating in my heart so much better than I ever could. I won't even try.

    I do have to reach out to Richard, also. He is another human being who is hurting badly. And I have to say, he is a friend, too. He did something horrible, but I can't just abandon him with his pain. I've done some rotten things in my life. Fortunately, some people have always held on to me. They didn't abandon me. They didn't just let me slide away. I can't do that now.

    Please, don't let this make us enemies. Please, let it make our friendship stronger. I know that seems backwards. And I can't exactly explain it, either. But, its what's in my heart.

    I don't even know a few of you. But I care for all of you very much. I don't know why this is. But it makes me very sad to see you hurt so badly. All of you.
    Please take care,
    -Ikey

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rowan, DJ, Gabe and all other suffering friends,
    There is a very famous poem in a European language... about a friendship of 2 men of whom one was sentenced to death. He requested from his judges to get the permission to settle some family matters before being executed. He got the permission provided he finds a guarantor who would be executed if he does not turn up at a certain date and time.
    That sentenced fellow races away has to stand many adventures, settles the family matters and returns just in the last minute. The public and the judge (or king?) are astounded and look at that fellow in awe. The judge/king approaches the 2 friends and ask them "permit me to be in your friendship the third". The execution wasn't done.

    Here it is different.

    But still - I would like to be your friend.

    JudoTim

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rowan,
    Sorry.

    If I had had an inkling of what had been going on, my comment would have been so different. There is no way we non-MSNers could have suspected the depths of depravity that he sank to.

    This is easily the worst betrayal of one human being to another that I have seen in my 60 years - and I've seen a few.

    Thank you,m an d David for enlightening us. I slept on everything you both said because I was too embarrassed to reply yesterday. 'Sadist' was the word that came to mind. I've done more gardening today than I have for ages, and that gave me time to think, to try to understand.

    I won't bore you with the understanding, it's sufficient to say the anger has subsided a bit. You 4 have eachother, and will always have eachother, for ever. He has 1 friend, no life and has thrown away every person he could share his sexual secret with. I know which side I'd rather be on.

    Don't let the bastard beat you. Keep blogging in spite of him. Tell the world any mention of him on your blog will be deleted.

    I'll be taking a break.

    Just a parting word. David, you look as though you could do with a break. I have a couple of BIG friends in Salt Lake City who owe me, you could all meet up in Boise. That place can't have too many MacDonalds outlets. I'm sure they would allow you to stand back and use the video camera. Then post it on Youtube for us all. I'd like that.

    Oops, that's the pirate in me coming out!
    r.jimlad

    DJ, remember I owe you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, DJ, my heart breaks every time I read your words. I don't understand how he could have done this to you. Or the other guys. Or how anybody could do it to anybody. I just don't understand.

    DJ, Rowan, Gabe, David, thank you for sharing what you have said with us. It helps us better understand what the situation really is.

    But the most important thing is that you keep talking with each other. And Rhyn, too. You are the fellows that can share each others pain. And most help each other recover.

    (Rhyn, I didn't know you were hurt by this, too. I'm really sorry. I've been to your blog)

    DJ, This hurts so badly now. But, you will heal. All of you. Sooner than you imagine. The roots have already started.

    You know, everyone looks at God differently. But, prayer does help me, when things are hard. Also, a cup of cocoa at the right time is a miracle in itself. I hope I don't sound stupid mentioning these little things. They do help me.

    DJ, you said that you don't care what happens to you, now. Please do. There are a lot of people out here, that you don't even know, that care about you. And hope you recover from this quickly. And come out stronger.
    -me

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rowan, Gabes, DJ and David,
    Been thinking - there's been a lot of that going around lately!

    Keep your blogs open. You know why? Because there is a certain person who will be following, but wouldn't dare to comment on them.

    Every post you make will remind him why he feels so lonely.

    Just a thought
    r.jimlad

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rowan, what is the guy in the picture at the top of the page pointing at?

    I copied the picture and blew it up. I thought, "It a bird! It's a plane! It's ..." No, it wasn't.

    I think I see something in the clouds. But maybe, that's just because I want to.

    They look like a coupla' stoners to me!
    -me

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ikey - I think you may have missed, somewhere, that Rhyn is me :-) When I closed my blog a couple months ago, I decided to stop hiding behind a pen name. David is my real first name...

    We are still talking, all of us. Rowan, DJ, and I, have become closer over the events that transpired, and at least we know we have each other.

    DJ, Rowan...

    I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go... And for all this, there's only one thing you should know. I tried so hard and got so far but in the end, it doesn't even matter. I had to fall to lose it all. But in the end it doesn't even matter...

    All that matters is the company I keep, the family I have, and the friends I know I can depend on. Thank you to the both of you, I love you both dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello all, David has made a post and within it includes words from him to Richard, thought i'd let you know coz it is probably of interest to most around here - http://rhyn.dreamingindigital.net/2010/08/rise-and-fall-rage-and-grace.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. followed the link .i havent a clue .

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, I never thought this could happen. I was as fooled as everyone else. Though I don't blog as much as you guys I do read often... and to be honest, I never saw this one coming... I'm sorry to all you guys who were directly effected by this. I hope you can find friends that won't lie to you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi David,
    Sorry about my mix-up between Rhyn and David. I've always been kinda slow, and just keep getting slower.

    But, you're a pretty nice guy. It was pleasant having two of you around for awhile.

    I followed Rowan's link to your page. (Thanks, Rowan.)

    I've read what you have written, David. The more you guys tell us, the more incredible it becomes. In my mind, I still can't make all the puzzle pieces fit together. I guess I haven't finished digesting it all.

    In the mean time, it seems like the initial shock is starting to fade a bit -

    The roots start sending forth small,
    green shoots

    to yet open wide in the bright,
    yellow sunshine...

    -me

    ReplyDelete
  29. Rowan: Thank You very much. It seems now RB family has overcome this summerstorm (just for giving it a name).I see with optimism the future. And wishing for You every success at school. A great hug for You and the RB readers. Guy De M.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid, drop a line or two :)