So the holida... i mean, the exam period has started xD
I genuinely don't feel too worried. The only thing that concerns me in complacency. I got 5 A's in my prelims so i have reason to feel quite confident but then everyone says, "Don't count your chickens" or whatever.
And i'm not. Just because i'm not worried doesn't mean i'm not working. This morning and yesterday morning i completed two close reading passages (for English) which are nearly 2 hours each and to be honest, i found them a daudle. Of course, marking yourself isn't a true reflection of the final score but the passages were no more difficult than what we've done in class this year and im finishing them with fair ease and rather quickly as well.
I guess it's just because i've done so many of them that the exam tomorrow is more "Ugh" instead of "AAAAAGH!"
The essays are the difficult part but i know most of my quotes, paragraph structures etc. Just gotta hope nothing goes disastrously wrong.
So yes, English is tomorrow, Friday the 13th May.
DUH, DUH, DUH, DUH!
So that consists of Close Reading for an hour and 45 minutes, a break then 2 essays in 1 hour 30 minutes.
Then it's:
French on the 17th - Reading paper and a listening paper
Music on the 23rd - Listening. Simply listening, which i've improved greatly in over the past few weeks.
For a lot of people, that's their last or penultimate exam. Not for this guy, whose exams go into June!
Spanish on the 2nd of June - Reading and listening.
But the biggest joke of them all is Media Studies on the 7th June. Study leave is over by that time, we go back on the 6th of June!
I've been allowed the 6th off but i want to go in to get acquainted with my new classes etc - and hopefully get a cheeky seat beside Bryan ;D
So yeh, media is a total bitch. Everyone else can stop stressing around May 24th/25th but we, the damned, are on the go until June 7th.
What's more is that there's an 11 day break between Music and Spanish. An absolute pisstake. You think i'm going to be revising for 11 days? Yeh, right.
End of the day, im going into these exams with confidence. I'll try not to get complacent but no way do i feel the need to be revising 6-8 hours a day as recommended by nearly every teacher. Especially, not when i am now the proud owner of the Alien Quadrilogy :P
Great timing, eh?
Stupid. But i love the franchise so much. Alien is easily one of my favourite films of all time, and the best movie in the franchise, but only just. 2 is magnificent as well.
It's such a shame; a local cinema was showing both films late at night recently and i would have *loved* to have seen them on the big screen. Alas, im not 18 so i couldn't :(
But i now have them all at my disposal - although 3 and Resurrection will probably get viewed once and never again. Ugh, terrible films. Well, 3 is. Resurrection is ok.
Dunno where that came from. Exams ---> Alien. I don't quite see the connection. Anyhoo...
Rowan <3
Thought you might enjoy this. A lovely, little ballett entitled, "Now is the Month of Maying". Magnifico \m/
juiceboys *2524
1 week ago

Good luck with your exams, although it seems like you won't need it :P
ReplyDeleteHello Rowan
ReplyDeleteI hope it all goes well for you - I'm sure it will, given your prelims and preparation.
Love & best wishes
Sammy B
Good luck on the exams. Thanks for the video of the King's Singers. I've occasionally heard recordings of theirs on the radio, but never seen them before this.
ReplyDeleteYes - good luck! Hope you don't die of boredom.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the exams. You are very smart to avoid the complacency and lackadaisical attitude that so many take towards their finals, when so much rides on them. I thought our schedules were bad here, but yours are absolutely the sh!t. I never had anything like that, even in uni.
ReplyDeleteI, too, loved the first 2 Alien movies. Everyone said 3 was bad, so I skipped it, but Resurrection was only OK.
Catch you later! Hopefully to hear the good news of straight As!
Peace <3
Jay
Hi there, Rowan
ReplyDeleteI was going to post what follows as a comment yesterday evening, but Blogger died before I was able to. I think it's still worth saying, so here goes...
Best of luck for tomorrow, and all the others.
I agree that a few days' break after your music exam is probably a good idea - as much as anything else, you need to be properly rested, and I suspect that if you try to revise one or two subjects continuously for eleven days, you'll just go stale.
Exams / Alien: strange lifeforms, parasitic on human beings? I don't know. At least exam papers don't come bursting out of people's stomachs, though they may feel just as painful sometimes...
Take care
Mark