Hey guys, just a little update to say that today I got an appeal accepted for my English exam - It's just like last year: after having been on track for getting an A in English but getting a B in the exam, my appeal for an A went through :)
I'm really happy about it for a few reasons. 1) Because i was pretty good at English last year and expected to get an A and 2) Because English ruined what would have been five straight A's - a perfect score.
I now have that perfect score xD
Media - A
French - A
Music - A
Spanish - A
English - A
Still can't say i think the work and studying i did across last year warranted those results but i'm not going to complain now, am I? :P
It also means that the only exam i have ever sat in my life in which i didn't get an A is maths the year before last - I got a B.
Not too shabby, I must say. Not too shabby at all.
I'm afraid i'm going to counter the good news with some bad now.
I'm sure most who read this blog are aware of Jamey Rodemeyer, a 14 year old boy who sadly took his own life after being bullied because of his sexuality.
I'm preparing a longer post about this, and LGBT suicides as a whole that i'll work on over the next few days but for now i'd just like to spare some thoughts for Jamey.
A tragic and needless death :(
RIP Jamey.
Rowan <3
juiceboys *2524
1 week ago

Yay for straight A's. You must be pretty smart.
ReplyDeleteWhat happened to Jamey is certainly tragic.
Nice grades. Keep it up :)
ReplyDeleteYes, Jamie's death is tragic, hadn't heard of it before reading this post though. He's one example for what is still happening to gay kids nowadays. We still have a long way to go concerning discrimination....
Congratulations on the upgrade, as it were. 5 As is excellent indeed. Well done!
ReplyDelete“Not too shabby, I must say. Not too shabby at all.” You’re now starting to sound like Stephen Fry... :-)
As for Jamey Rodemeyer... it is absolutely tragic and appalling. His last tweet, in particular, just brings me to tears. I’ll be interested to hear what you say about it.
Take care,
Roop.