Saturday, 17 September 2011

Good Friends (2nd Blogaversary Post)

Josh is a legend.

He really is becoming a more important person in my life, i'll admit it.

I don't think i've ever had a closer friend, even when my friendship with Steven was at it's greatest.

I'm glad i can talk to Josh and be open. I recall a post about a year or so ago where i said i longed for someone who i could just talk to like i was able to with Lauren when i came out to her and well, Josh seems to have answered that call :)

So i was round at his house again last night. I took my bass, amp and everything. Played a bit but not an awful lot - his brothers were round. Had a good laugh with them.

They're both older than Josh but quite similar in many respects. The middle brother is quite a nerd, plays lots of video games and all while the eldest brother is a very good guitar player and has a wide knowledge of music in general. Josh kind of bridges the gap between them as he is both a nerd and good musician.

They all have the same kind of humour as well so it's no wonder we got on so well :P


Anyway, that wasn't the point in this post.

The point was that i let out more of my little ickle secrets to Josh. It's weird. Everyone does... tell Josh their secrets. He's like this hub of information on everyone. I don't know why so many people tell him so many things but we just all do.

Not that Josh reveals much, or any, at all... to anyone. He does this annoying thing where he goes, "Oh the stories i could tell you about him/her" and then doesn't say anything. It's infuriating but i love him for it. However, i guess people trust him because he's trustworthy. Makes sense :P

I'm straying again. The things i told Josh last night are actually things i've never even mentioned on this blog.

I never talk about my sexual happenings on here. It's not something i believe i need to, or want to, go into detail on, and this post will also be PG-13 so no explicit stuff. Sorry, perverts!
But because i don't post about that i get the feeling that everyone thinks all is quiet on the western front, which is true at this moment but it hasn't always been and this is what i told Josh last night.


The back story to this comes from earlier in the week during a free period at school where Josh, another friend and I were sitting about chatting. This other guy is quite a whore, he honestly has no standards and has probably done more with guys than i have :P

Anyhow, he started playing the alphabet game with the rule being provide a name beginning with every letter that you have pulled/snogged/kissed etc.

So he goes from about A through to H without stopping and Josh adds the occasional name in of people he's pulled.

I'm meanwhile sitting there a bit depressed :P I have a few to add but not right there so i stayed shtum.

I brought this back up at Josh's house after we went to bed and we just had some bro chat :3

I said, "How depressing was that alphabet game the other day?" to which he just went, "Meh, i did ok"

So i challenged him and asked what the real truth of it was so we effectively played the game again and i knew my plan was working - I wanted to tell Josh. I don't know why. I just thought that since he was a good friend why bother hiding it? (since i knew i could trust him with secrets anyway)

So he goes through his list and after G he says, "Hmm, don't think i've got an H" and i go, "Hold on, you didn't ask about my G"

"Oh?"

"Yeh, i've never told anyone but i trust you with it"

But instead of me telling him he wanted to guess!


Do i know them?
Not really.
Is it someone in our year?
Yes.
Guy or a girl?
... Guy.
Oh, interesting. G, you say?
Yep.

He couldn't think of any guys' names he kinda knew beginning with a G so i just had to tell him.

T'was a guy called Gary, to which Josh knew who it was, sort of and went, "Really, i didn't know he swung that way" and i told him the truth is that i don't know if he is gay either because it was a few years ago and he currently has a girlfriend so he might have just been finding out with me.

"Well at least you're not a VL (Virgin Lips)" he said and laughed and i desperately wanted to tell him that we didn't just kiss but i didn't say. He didn't need to know, and probably didn't want to know every single detail anyway.

My reply to Josh was just, "Yeah, we messed around a bit but it wasn't anything serious" and it wasn't, in fact. I couldn't have seen myself ever going out with Gary. We used to get on the school bus together and on a few occasions i went back to his for a while and... yeah :P

Anyway, he wasn't bothered by it and we continued to play the game. H-N was busier for Josh who was racing through his list, trying, i think to see if there was any more on my part. He was giving up by V and said, "I've not got a W"

"Oh, but i have"

"Oh?"

Again, he wanted to guess.
Do i know them?
Sort of... maybe a bit but i'm not sure.

Is it someone in our year?
No.
Guy or a... wait, what?
Yeah, not our year.
Ok, guy or a girl?
Guy again.
I can only think of one guy beginning with W i kind of know who isn't in our year...
Yes.
It isn't... your friend, William, in the year below us is it?
... Yeh, it is.
Wow, now that's surprising.

The story with William is that both his mum and my mum were quite good friends with each other for many years. I'll cut the long story short by saying that when he was 13, and turned 14, and i was 15 he instigated things - he used to stay around here from time to time - and we messed around some. It stopped after my mum and his mum fell out and the only time i really ever see William now is in school.

Now you might be thinking what Josh was when i told him (again i didn't tell him we experimented like that, just that we kissed a few times) - that that is a little dodgy, considering both our ages but i didn't, and never would have let things go too far.
As i said, it was only experimenting but it was probably a good thing that his mum and mine fell out when they did in that case because a few months later i'd have turned 16 and if this was still happening then *that* would have been dodgy, but i think by that time i'd have stopped it.

I'm just going to put it out there, again, that i wasn't the one who started things. I wouldn't have ever guessed William was gay let alone start anything with him. Also, i don't even know if William is gay but questions must be raised if he continued to be up for messing around. Thinking about it, he probably is (or at least bi) but like with Gary, we never went out. Just experimented.

Josh was still recovering from the surprise that i had kissed someone who was over a year my junior so thank goodness i only told him we kissed a few times!

He then proceeded to label me "the new ped" as Rob went out with a girl two years younger than him and had sex with her (now *that* is dodgy) When we all found out we called him a ped haha
I took comical umbridge to the suggestion of being compared to Rob and said how dare he compare us.

He said he was joking and nobody would ever be more of a ped than Rob :P
Still, if this information got out like it did for Rob then i think a lot more would be made of it...

Fuck, i trusted Josh a great deal telling him that. I'm sure he can keep it to himself though.

I rounded things off by telling him briefly about JJ/Richard but i didn't go into much detail because that could have led to this blog and that just ain't happening.

Josh thinking i'm bi is probably now out of the question. He pretty much knows for sure i'm a raging homosexual :P

Still, what i told him is probably a lot to take in.


As for anyone reading this, please don't be irked that i'm only talking it now. Especially when the things that took place with Gary and William were more or less going on a few months before i started, and when i started this blog, so i could have posted about it.
I chose not to.

My main reason for doing so is for my own privacy. Why should anyone know the details anyway?

Also because i don't want my blog overrun with perverts looking for sex stories and sending creepy comments. There isn't going to be a change of policy - if you want that stuff, go to Nifty or something.

I've seen it on the blogs. People my age (or maybe pretending to be) making smutty posts and getting loads of sad, old pervert followers. I don't want that. I like what i'm grateful enough to have now: people who enjoy my posts for what they are and are willing to go out their way and write helpful and meaningful comments if i ever happen to be in a position of difficulty, and the rest of course.
I don't want to jeopardise that and i'm never going to so i can only end my 2nd blogaversary post by dedicating it to everyone who comes here!

I honestly only remembered the anniversary two minutes ago! I thought i'd finished the post when i looked at the date in the corner of my screen and went, "17th September... that means something... oh yeah!" and then changed the posts' title :P

Really, i know it's been said before but it hasn't become any less true: Thanks for reading and thanks for all your comments, everything is appreciated. I can only now apologise that i didn't prepare anything bigger as a little celebration but i'm not very good at that kind of thing anyway. Just take heart in the knowledge that i've spent about 2 hours tailoring this post and making sure it reads well! xD

Thanks everyone.


Rowan <3

6 comments:

  1. "Probably a lot for you to take in..."

    You think??? !!!

    :-D

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, Rowan, that you have done exceedingly well in balancing the content of your blog. Posts like this one, as you point out, are few and far between, hardly titillating, and unlikely to bring out the weirdos. I've wound up on a few blogs (not for long) that "covered that sort of ground", and quite frankly, it's not nearly as interesting as just reading how the normal "raging homosexuals" like you are getting on. I also noted on a couple of them, that of their followers, most seemed to be links to porn sites. Not all of us olde fartes are pervs.

    It's good to have a friend like Josh. There comes a time when you need to unload, or just talk about the stuff everyone else talks about in the open, and not have to worry about it showing up on Twitter or FB. Make sure Josh knows you appreciate his protecting your privacy.

    And lawsy, I don't think I could get too far in the alphabet game! You win! LOL

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogaversary Rowan!

    2 years? Holy shit. That's a long time.

    Hope you're well!

    Here's to another 2!

    143

    _Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, congrats on the 2nd year of blogging. I would never have guessed it had been that long.

    I remember when we first met you on RB, and you had 'puter troubles, which was before your blog. It doesn't really seem that long ago.

    G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogaversary :)

    I think you balanced your blog well, as Jay already said...and really, it's interesting enough without the details ;-)

    Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated happy blogaversary.

    I think your blog is fine without the X-rated details. You've made a good decision, IMO. And it's great to have a friend like Josh with whom you can be so open.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid, drop a line or two :)