As referenced at the end of my last post, today marks the anniversary of something very important to me.
It is only the one year anniversary but it is without a doubt worth a mention....
On this day, one year ago, i was introduced to this lovely community here :)
I discovered the joys of A Rent Boy Named and the lovely bunch of folks who comment on it.
I don't remember exactly how i came across it, i think i was looking for naughty stuff :P
But i seen the website and clicked on it.
I read the first chapter and was immediately engrossed, i read 33 chapters before commenting.
Then somehow i managed to pull myself away from the story to get sleep.
But the next day i was right back at it and i think i finished reading the story in about 3 days. There was only 77 chapters at the time but i did 'em all in a few days.
I thought it was the end but then i seen chapter 78 posted and i've been constantly returning to the site.
But getting to talk to all the people there and reading the story, i think, helped me realise who i was.
It was only about this time last year i accepted myself as gay, or at least different, after denying it for a few years beforehand (bad couple of years on reflection)and i think RB helped contribute to my realisation.
But this post is really to mark the anniversary of my discovery and intorduction to this warm, loving and unjudgemental community.
It was early days a year ago but as time progressed i got talking with more and more people, specifically G, who i'm sure many of us know.
In about June we started trading emails and just simply for him to listen to me made me happy, on top of that he gave me loads of advice and also just generally talked about interesting topics.
So i do owe G a lot of thanks.
Thanks for everything G!
This was happening while Tristan continued to post chapters on RB so it was quite a happy time for me. This led me on to starting my blog in September and i really do owe it all to Tristan and his fantastic story.
If he never started his story, i would never have found it, and i probably would never have known what a blog was.
It just shows how far the story has progressed and has formed this little community of great people.
The great people i'm talking about is you - whoever is reading this post.
Maybe RB did or didn't help you into this community but i know for sure that many of us are all thankful for it now.
(If you don't know of RB you dont know what you're missing, check it out in my blog roll, immediately!)
But everyone here who comments, sends emails and all other things just makes my day....every day.
In fact, i haven't been on my "straight" facebook or msn for ages.
The friends i am making and have made here are taking precedence over my real friends!
And in some ways, i prefer that.
We all try our best to help each other, be supportive and give advice whereas, even your real friends, can be and quite often are judgemental and sometimes really horrible. I don't receive nearly as much of all the support and kindness from my friends as i do from everyone here.
I take it for granted i think, having blogger, RB and you guys.
But this milestone, if you will, has made me appreciate things more.
Without it, i might still be in denial, i certainly wouldn't have a blog and i definetely wouldn't be out to my cousin.
I think i have come quite some way in since last year and hopefully that will have progressed further by this time next year, and continue to keep doing so afterwards.
So i just wanna thanks to all you guys for being here, and all the kind things you say that make my day.
I dunno where i might be without you.
Love you all,
Rowan
juiceboys *2524
1 week ago

Happy Anniversary Rowan! Discovering RB has and is changing my way of thinking about things and is giving me further insights into my own character. I just continue to be more and more impressed with the people I've discovered on here as a result of it, like you for instance.
ReplyDeleteI hope this community continues to prosper and grow, I think it will benefit all those who participate.
I really feel it is a privilege for me to be able to have this view into your life and thoughts. I look forward to continuing to monitor your progress through life.
Love, Jamie
Happy anniversary, Rowan... For everything you say you owe this community, I owe you similarly...
ReplyDeleteI, too, am finding that this group is slowly starting to take precedence over my so called "real" friends. Not that I have many of them, anyway, they're all just a bunch of online friends similar to you all, only they don't know about this side of me. So, in that respect, my truest friends are right here too.
Every day I get an email with a comment from my or JJ's blog, or an IM from you, makes my day, every time, also. I've always thought it was wrong for me to love people so much, and so fast, that I was being careless with my emotions, but I've found that's quite common in this circle. Another sign of being gay, perhaps? Overflowing with love for others who are certainly worthy of it? Only time will tell, but I'm coming more to terms with a lot of things in my life, through what you've written about yours. So as much as you're thankful to all of your friends here, I too am thankful to them for bringing you out, which directly has helped me.
Love, always...
-Rhyn
*hugs*
Well I for my part should say that it was "you" the one that turn on the light for me. It was through your writing, your openness, that I got the "hint". Of course nowadays there is a more accepting environment that help grasp things more easily that when I was younger. So in so many ways, whether it is your intention or not, you are helping a lot.
ReplyDeleteI may sound childish but I'm still shy about it all,not embarrassed but kind of coy, to the point of not wanting to talk to you guys, at least not yet, I'll get the courage but I'm still writing things down. Actually just commenting on your blogs has been a huge step toward who I really am. It has brought so many tears and emotions. A gush of fresh air into this closet I'm stuck inside. I guess lots of you guys know what I mean... sooo.... I'm still kind of scared... peeking from a distance, still in wonder... like wow!! it could have been so easy..!! There were so many monsters in my nightmares when I was a kid. All the struggles with my feelings to get along by myself through a terribly troubled childhood.
So yeah...RB and you Rowan have been a trip, a soothing one at that... so it's me the one that came here to say....
Thank you Rowan...
And thank you to all of you guys too, Tristan, JJ and Mike, this guy Sunny, all of you, all... I mean it. Sorry I don't mention all of you, It could take ages. But I've took so much from you all.
Love peace & hugs Acidance
As an older totally open & out gay guy, I find it so interesting to read your blog and others like it, about how hard it is to come out to anyone let alone to everyone.
ReplyDeleteHang in there.... Once you feel the right time to be totally out, your life will change immensely for the better. Being able to talk about it on a blog is something that was not available before I came out. So realize how lucky you are that you found your "blog friends".
Happy Anniversary Rowan - can't believe that a year has passed since you started here, feels like just yesterday. Tristan has certainly given us much to be thankful for - prob., be typing for days to say all the thank yous I want to, enough to say here one was you.
ReplyDeleteIt has and is a fun ride with a lot of really amazing people. Have a great day - Stef
hi rowan
ReplyDeletehas really been a year bet it dont feel like it .
I wish ad found a story and the friends from Rent Boy at around your age just over 20 years ago (feel old saying that AM ONLY 33 F F S :{.
anyway your more like a big brother to some people (i much prefer Mother Hen :O...
anyway this post has gone on far to long i only came to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY... DRU
Happy 1st, baby!!! You must have come on the scene just a little before I got my 1st computer... the year has gone by quickly, but I've stopped at some interesting places along the way and I know how you feel... It is a liberating thing to talk to folks that share the same desires and experiences, good and bad..... I only recently found this part of the Blogger community, and after many late nights lol , I think that in the balance, I've been rewarded beyond my effort... Most places have been open and accepting and except for the occasional disagreement (hey, even tho we're alike, doesn't mean we're the same), I have, in what would have seemed strange a year ago, adopted some of these nice places as little islands of joy in my life... So, thank you Rowan, for being part of that! For the rest of you out there, my fellow commentators (God, that's a long word!lol), thank you too; I get long winded a lot, but you still read my postings and I am grateful for that!! luv to all!! <3 tman
ReplyDeleteVery similar to my experience. Only difference was i found "twinergy" in its early form on the web (it was only on Chapter 4-5), around 2009. It was very special and different from some of the junk you find lying around...just saying I lost 2 nights of sleep from that.
ReplyDeleteI'm also relatively new to this community, compared with the veterans. It's very eyeopening to see others talk about their lives, and every bit of it. Much different from real life. One of the miracles of the internet.
anyways,
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!
*balloons* *music* *food* *drinks* *booze* *sex*
(ok, the last part is optional >.<)
Congratulations,
-AS
That is quite a milestone. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteHere is hoping for another year!
Hugs, Courage and Honour!
Octavius.
Congrats Rowan! Isn't it amazing how fast time flys?
ReplyDeleteI owe you huge for what you have done for me, even just taking the time to listen to what I have to say. I know you feel a little weird giving advice to someone older than you, but don't. Besides, it's only a few years.
I came across Twinergy first, and then RB, and read both of those in about 3 days total. Ever since then I have been hooked with not just the stories, but the entire community. It still amazes me how big this blogger community we all belong to is.
Love to all,
-Kevin
Hey Rowan,
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your 1st year as an RB reader. And I guess it's been what--about 5-6 months for Daily Doings? And thanks for your kind words. I enjoyed our conversations as well, and look forward to resuming them soon.
Till next time, G
Rowan,
ReplyDeleteHappy blog-day!
Isn't it an amazing community. I had not blogged before I met Sunny Jim and Squeegy, I had read a few stories but never one in progress. So I followed RB for a bit, and your comments. Then I looked at the Discussion Page one day and found JJ - and my life has not been the same since.
The amazing thing about this brotherhood is the equality: we are all equal, young and old - with the blog-owners being more equal than others.
You see, Rowan has even helped me - a helluva lot. Thank you for your level head and cool judgement. I suspect you didn't know about that side of yourself a year ago?
Many happy returns
r.jimlad
hey sorry its a tad late late but happy anaversiry :)
ReplyDeletei woke up this morning and thought the best way to takkle (probs not the best word but its the only one i can think of) your blog is to read it from this point on and then go back and read wot i havent read in the easter hols. i think its better than trying to read it all in the easter holidays.
i started to read it this morning but then i started to run out of time and had to go to school. as a result i only got half way through.
rawr
Raron
Wow you been doing this a whole year already. Happy aniversary. I hope you keep coming back. I really like talking to you. I started with Twinergy and a couple sites, they throw me out of becasue i was 13. Then i went to Rent Boys, and i meet a whole lot of good People. Thats where i meet you at Rowan. I am glad i went there. It took me about 2 or 3 weeks to read Twinergy and Rent Boys. They the best stories i ever read, and i meet a lot of really cool people. 2 more to go Hugs JJ
ReplyDeleteThanks for finding us Rowan! I'm happy that you've enjoyed the story and met some great people along the way. I know that you've become a big help to some of our community members too. Keep smiling. If we all stick together in our optimism we may just get through this life O.K.!
ReplyDeleteCheers Tristan