Thursday, 4 February 2010

Prelim News

I've been getting some results back from Prelims this week and thought i would let you all know how i'm getting on.

I still have two to sit tho, Media tomorrow and Biology on Monday.
Both will be tough but especially Biology as it's pretty much my weakest subject along with maths....not a sciency person me.

Anyway the results i have got back so far have all been A's.

Good times.

But i don't see them all remaining that way unfortunately.
We can't all be perfect.

So here's what i've got back so far


Spanish : Reading - 22/30
Listening - 16/20
Writing - 20/20
Speaking - 30/30

Giving me 88/100 so overall i got 88%!


Music : Listening - 31/40
Performance - 43/60 (the music playing back in October)

So it gives me 74 out of 100 - 74% (Just an A)


Modern Studies i only got back today and they handed it out each section at a time, i did pretty bad on the first section and i was dreading the next two papers but i made up for it and got 79% overall!

British Parliament - 16/26 Boo!
Crime and Law - 23/24 Yay!
America - 16/20 Meh!

So that's 55 out of 70 - 79%


Gor French back as well but not all of it. I've done well so far tho.

Writing - 20/20
Speaking - 30/30

Listening was awful. I made two dreadful mistakes. I mistook the word "trois" as the number 2 when in fact it is 3....
Gah.
Would have given me two extra marks to my abysmal 13/20.
15/20 is what i really should have got at least.

But that just leaves me to wait for my reading results which i'm sure won't be too bad.
So far i have 63/100 but that means i only need about 10 marks out of 30 in the reading to secure an A. Something i am quite confident of. :)


Something i am not confident of tho is maths.
God awful.
I sat it a few days ago and i really didn't get much sleep so i was tired and im not even good at maths when im not tired!
To be honest, i think i might have failed it.
The papers were difficult and the teacher said today that she was happy overall but there are concerns over a few individuals. Surely me.

I was definetely not expecting an A in all subjects.
I have 3, probably 4 A's already so i can't be too displeased, i'm doing ok.

So i have to wait for the last bit of French. Then English and Maths and then Biology and Media which i haven't sat yet.
So final results may not be for a couple of weeks.


Anyway, i divert attention away from my tests and onto something else.
A new blogger.
A special new blogger.

JJ.

I talked about him a few days ago and told you i was talking with him a lot on MSN, and i still am.

He's got his own blog now after many of us were going way off-topic on RB's discussion pages. (Sorry Tristan)

It is : http://3jhome.blogspot.com/
The name of his blog is JJ's Yacky Box, a great name in my opinion!

Please go and visit him, say hi, link to him, follow him etc.
He's so sweet and awesome and he deserves it.
So go ahead....make his day.....punk.

:P

Cheers,
Rowan

P.S I've recieved a few more followers in recent days so i just want to thank everyone, old and new, for reading my blog!
And also thanks for all your comments, especially over the past couple of days, they've all been real supportive and it means alot to me. Love you all!

5 comments:

  1. rowan
    told you a while back straight As well
    almost anyway. well done mate DRU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Rowan, you did very well.
    Good news about JJ starting his blog - besides giving us a wonderful story to read RB has given us you, Cody and now JJ, we certainly have a lot to thank Tristan for.
    Regards Stef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your special new blogger is putting you to shame. He'd have got 100% in all subjects if he hadn't put his hands in his pockets. Pull your finger out.

    Just joking, well done, and don't worry about Maths: it's happened, you can't fix it until next time.

    r.jimlad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Already there mate. Congratulations on those marks so far, shows good prospects for the future. And good luck on the upcoming ones.

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get better grade then you saying you going get. You will do good. Your smart to. Thanks to for tell people about my new blog Rowan. Also the nice things you said to. I like the blog it is fun. I got to go to bed I talk to you Saturday. I be gone tomorrow. Hugs JJ

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid, drop a line or two :)