If you haven't read my previous post, you should read it first :P
Today was, apart from the bass exam, a rather normal school day with the inevitable couple of things worth mentioning.
English was good. With my presentation out the way i could just watch everybody elses. So i did, but a noteworthy presentation came from this boy in my class who i think is really hot.
I stare at him in class sometimes, although i know it is risky.
But this gave me the opportunity to stare at him for a good 3 or so minutes, so i took full advantage of that :P
That was good.
Nothing happened from then until lunch apart from the bass exam of course (but that is in my post before this)
But lunch was quite something.
Me and my group of friends all have this table which we pretty much claim as ours.
There's about 20 of us or something, all pretty good friends, some better than others of course.
But today's discussion involved football.
And why i support Liverpool FC when i don't live near or in Liverpool.
I give them the reasons, just like any fan supports their club, they like the players, the stadium, the fans, the atmosphere et al.
Do they listen to that?
No.
Well....half did and half didn't i suppose.
But then it starts getting personal.
They ask "Why do you support Liverpool if none of your family are from there?"
"Sorry, you're wrong, i do have family in Liverpool"
"Oh, so they're all serial rapists as well?"
.....
Charming.
Insult my family and my team all in one go.
Some "friends" i have, honestly.
They're not all bad, it was only a select few who found that comment funny and continued to progress it further, although i won't go into tht.
Funnily enough, neither Steven or Alex were involved in it...
But yeh, i wasn't in a great mood with some people for the rest of the day.
Also got some rather irritating news in maths, although it doesn't involve the subject itself.
There is a boy in my maths class. We shall call him Freddie.
Freddie is most likely gay. He is also rather irritating, even i find him annoying.
He has never said he is gay but the way he acts, the things he says....believe me, if you seen him you would think so too.
He's not what i would say is hot and to be honest he does get on everyone's nerves.
But i couldn't help but feel sorry for him today.
The boy who sits next to me in maths boasts that he was bullying Freddie at lunch because of his assumed sexuality.
I'm not sure exactly what took place but Freddie was abnormally quiet and was crying in maths.
It was made worse that i was sitting next to the person who caused this.
I don't really like Freddie, i don't know him well either, but at that moment i just wanted to give him a big hug and help him out.
I never even got the chance to speak to him coz he was out of the class as soon as the bell rang.
:-/
I hope he starts feeling better.
So yeh, apart from the bass exam going well, today was not overly jolly.
.....The careers evening you may be wondering.
Quite a bore. Very dry, quite informative but very dry.
Went round loads of tables, meeting people of lots of different jobs but i focused mainly on those to do with music, journalism and languages coz that's what i'm good at.
It was bigger than i thought it would be but nothing exciting so that's really all there is too mention about it.
Phew.
It's been quite a long day.
Didn't know if i was going to post this or not but for you guys, i did :)
Oh, and lastly....i found another Scissor Sisters song i like lmao.
It's called "Laura"
I heard it on the bus today and i recognised it although i couldn't put a name to it until the DJ said but i thought it did sound like Scissor Sisters.
:P
Love you guys,
Rowan
juiceboys *2524
1 week ago

Thanks for making this second post Rowan. Enjoyed reading it.
ReplyDeleteIt's too bad Freddie was picked on today. Bullying is never nice. But it sounds like he kinda brings it on himself by being annoying.
I liked the song.
Love,
Jamie
Very charming. Your writing is interesting. As my english teacher said to me today: "You terms that are too strong, and your writing is suspicious." -dont ask me what that means/ and all i wrote was: "The vanity of women commands them to go for any way of making themselves more desirable." hehe, like i know anything about that. Im pretty sure im allergic to perfume!
ReplyDeleteanyways, thats what people usually do when they run out of ideas, they try to change the subject of argument to a more 'favorable' one. ie. putting people down.
That song is quite interesting. cant say i dislike it, but its not my taste. Im sorry to say the scissor sisters have fallen out of favor these past years. They were quite popular in mid-2006.
best wishes(to you and "Freddie"),
-AS
You got to have a good stare at your hot classmate - can only be a good thing.
ReplyDeleteNext time you have a football discusion remind your friends not only did Liverpool give the UK a great footy team but also gave the UK one of the very best bands in the world.Steven[and now Alex] keep stepping up to the mark - good choice of friends - but then I'm sure you already know that.
Poor Freddie - I imagine a lot of his character is brought on as a form of self preservation - it does not make him less irritating, but bullying is not nice regardless.
Regards Stef
rowan glad today went alright sort off.
ReplyDeletesupported LIVERPOOL FC from early on lived there to till i was 13 . we moved to nr Nottingham easer for dads work . anyway new school few fights 4 in first 3 weeks at school won them cores :O . had a friend like Freddie at the school he was gay enough and we got on alright :). also i hate mentioning other peoples comments but jamie no one should get picked on because there irritating sorry.
DRU
PS
Rowan you may as well downloade the whole first album or have you done that already !!!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHey Rowan...I'm going to leave a comment that's different from the others... The way your friends were treating Freddie was inexcusable....The reason you felt like hugging him, says a lot about you... That inner voice that told you that what had happened was wrong, is your conscience, something I like to call my 'connection'. To me, my connection is just that, a link to God... I know that you feel bad for Freddie, even tho you don't like him... Whether you like or dislike him, tho, is hardly the point..." What you do to the least of your brothers."..You know the rest... If you allow people to think that you condone this abuse, you become part of it, and, on top of it all, you are condoning the abuse of a gay kid like you... That, is the kind of thing that eats away at a man... It is a poor way to live for just about every reason that I can think of... You owe Freddie an apology for neglecting your duty as a human being and a gay youth as well... Your instincts were correct. Now, the difficult part is ahead of you- live with courage and honor; you will not regret it! love,tman<3
ReplyDeleteHey Rowan,
ReplyDeleteIt looks like the mod at the "other site" fixed the problem and then deleted my post like I asked him to so no one would see it. Your "other secret" is safe once again.
I meant to mention Freddie in my other post but I was in a hurry to get the other thing addressed. I agree with much of tmans post.But I was thinking along "additional lines" as well. Of course, you're only guessing he is gay, based on stereotypes, but of course they are often true. So we'll assume he's gay. So he's not a movie star on the outside, it wouldn't hurt to talk to him right, maybe invite him over or something. I don't know if he's a good guy inside or maybe someone you'd rather not risk associating with. But if it's just that he's unusual, maybe a geek, and/or unpopular and maybe unspectacular looking, maybe pushes people away who want to be friends because he doesn't trust that they'll ever understand him. Well if that's ALL, that's a perfect description of me back then. I got "gay-taunted" and occasionally gay-bashed on a regular basis, by people who were just doing it to get a rise out of me. And I probably gave off a few "gay vibes" too. I would've been VERY hard to get to know, and was a "deliberate geek," but that was mainly just to drive people away because I didn't trust them, especially with my "secrets" which I didn't at all understand the nature of myself. But IF you had patiently and kindly broken thru my multi-layered self-defenses, and made it clear to me (which would've been hard) that you would be non-judgmental concerning ANY big secret I had, and that YOU probably had the same secrets--well I could've been reached, especially in todays more knowledgeable environment. Once you had done that, I guarantee you I would've held you at night like JJ is held by his Teddy Bear or would've let you hold me if you preferred.
I'm not there, and am no longer 15, but Freddie is. He may not be a "movie star", or considered one of the cool kids, heck he may or may not even be nice to people, I don't know. But possibly he is nice inside? And to him (if he's gay) you may be the unobtainable rock star looking kid with the cool bass guitar...who may or not be gay (or bi), but whom he doesn't dare talk to about it. He could be locked in his little world of unworkable fears, OR he could already have a boyfriend that you don't know of.
Either way, you will never know unless you can find out somehow. Unless you really don't find him appealing, maybe he could, for now, fill what I'm guessing is still an empty spot in your life, and you for him. Just a thought, do with it what you will. And if you wish to, you can delete this post.
Till next time, G
I haven't read most of the other comments, but I do have an opinion. The one comment I did read through was Stef's, but only because I like his style. He raises an interesting point on the whole defense thing.
ReplyDeleteSo here is a question for you, you said he was annoying, but do you really know him? Have you ever spoken to him in a neutral setting where he wasn't always on guard?
It may be that he is gay, or at the least questioning himself. In that you have something in common. Perhaps he is a dick because he has low self esteem. I have known several people like that in my time, and most have been able to break free of it, with a little friendship.
I know what I am suggesting is akin to social suicide, I was at high school too once you know. But I do think you have a big heart, that is well worth sharing. And in this case I think that maybe it is worth the gamble. If you want to talk about it, I will be up for a few hours and my msn is on.
Hugs, Courage and Honour!
Octavius.
Awwww porr Freddie i feel really bad for him. he sort of sounds like Tanner fron Twinergy. i bet he is a nice guy and people have really given him a chance. i believe there is good in everyone even if they arent the nicest or people and stuff.
ReplyDeleteDoes sound like its was a fairly good day in all tho, sounds like english was funn :P hehe. that was mean though what they said about your family, well done for not really relatiating :)
Im not too sure about the song, and not sure if it does sound like the scissor sisters. i dont really like them but i have only heard this song, i dont feel like dancing which really got on my nerves and shes my man, although i dunno wot they sound like in that song only like watching the video its jokes hehe
rawr
Raron
I am just going write to this one because the two was almost the same stuff about your school. Wow sounds like you had a lot to do with all your tests. I am glad you did great on them.
ReplyDeleteI don’t know why a lot people together start saying things like that but they do that at my school to. It almost like they taking turns and put down someone for liking something the others don’t. It never made since to me either. I don’t like to get in those arguments with people it isn’t very nice.
I am sorry that boy was picking on Freddie at lunch and made him cry during the class. I think that sounds like me. I haven’t cried at school yet but I got really close a couple times from what some people was saying to me. It wasn’t nice. I hate when they do that I got to act so tuff and mean just so they stop. Puberty is making me cry a lot and sometimes I don’t know why I do it, it just happens. I hope it never happens at school I will never hear the end of it if I do. It would be nice maybe if you talked to him a little. He might like that a lot.
Hugs and Kisses JJ