Saturday, 19 June 2010

End of This (crap) Week

So ends this long and awful week, about time too, this week has seemed to be completely endless.

School, general crap, 2 of my best friends leaving their blogs, it has not been a good first full week of being 16, i'll tell you that.

But on a slightly more postitive note, today was a bit better, although before i go any further i have a confession to make.

Please don't kill me

I, erm... deliberately skipped 1st period of school this morning.

I know, i shouldn't have but i woke up this morning in a really shitty mood, the thought came into my head and i just went with it. Dunno why, not responsible of me, i know.

I headed the same direction as i do to get the bus but took a detour to the train station, intentionally missed the first train and got the second, i also met someone else skipping 1st period although i don't know him too well.

Anyway, the reason i did it : i just couldn't handle a double period of Spanish, honestly, i couldn't have.

But as it was a double period, i walked in at the end of 1st and got there for the start of 2nd, sat a stupid little verb test which went fine and that was it, no questions asked.

Don't be angry at me guys, i don't skip school often but today was just one of those days. This week was just one of those weeks.

After Spanish tho, things got a bit better, we finished watching a Hitchcock film in Media (Rear Window, surprisingly enjoyable) and a similar verb test in French went well.

Music was the best tho.

We were forced to watch the stupid school play firstly, which is awful but then me and another friend (erm... Stuart) snuck back into the music rooms and messed about on the instruments, jamming. It was so fun. Played some Muse, he was on drums i was on bass. We played fully through a song called Assassin and it was so fun.

The inspiration to be in a band still hasn't struck me however :/

But anyway, that was good, little bit of rebellion never done any harm, (not true but it didn't today) a few people also said they heard us from the English corridor and it sounded good, that was cool.


Only 2 more days left of school XD

And only 7, no 6 days now, as i write this, until i get to see all my family. Can't wait!

Weight of the world is gonna be lifted off my shoulders at 3:30pm on Tuesday afternoon. Monday will be a bitch of a day tho. Got tests in both French and Spanish, speaking and writing.

Evil languages *shakes fist*. They will be the death of me next year.

Gotta revise full notes and re-write stuff over the weekend (fun fun fun) and i will also hopefully be getting my English essay back on Monday. Quite apprehensive about it, i spent quite a lot of time on it so i sincerely hope that i get some good feedback.

Will keep you guys posted.

This is the start of it :

Come As You Are

"I'd rather be hated for who i am than loved for who i'm not"

                                                      - Kurt Donald Cobain



And that's all you're getting just now :P

Lol, i know, im such a tease but i will decide when i get it back whether to post it all or not.

The only thing wrong with it is that there is a word limit and mine is way over that. Supposed to be maximum 1300 but i'm away at about 1800 and that's after cutting out a whole chunk!

So we'll see, i'm not promising i will post it.

...

I almost lost what has become one of my most prized possessions today.


I never really went into much detail about my birthday and i'm still not going to but one thing i did get (im only mentioning this coz it is rather noteworthy, to me anyway) was a special Muse necklace/chain.

Who from?

Only my dear cousin Lauren :P

I havent taken it off since June 10th, except from the obvious showering etc. and i took it off for that same reason today. I forgot to lift it for some reason when i came out the bathroom and then i froze "where is it!?"

Nearly had a panic attack, honestly. I've grown really attached to it. But where did it end up?

In my jeans pocket *facepalms*

Which btw, nearly went in the washing machine. Don't think it would have quite looked the same had it gone in there. Here's what it really looks like :



It's really cool and now goes wherever i go :)

But yeh, so relieved i found it, would have summed up a crap week had i lost it.

And as for that crap week, well, it's been hellish but i just need to put it behind me simply. Get Monday out the way, Tuesday shouldn't be too strenuous and then i'm done finished for 6 weeks of rebellion and debauchery!

Jk, but summer should be epic!


Anyhooz, i've wrote a lot more than i thought i was going to and now i is very very tired so i'm heading off to bed now!

Cheers guys

Hugs,
Rowan

11 comments:

  1. I remember the first time I ever cut a class. I was in 11th grade, and it was English, because if I heard that shrill voice of that old bat of a teacher yell at me just once for something, I would have told her exactly where she could shove that homework assignment I didn't do. I turned in all my reports, I turned in all my essays, I turned in all my meaningful shit, but excuse me if I didn't find the time to write 100 sentences with the vocabulary words I was using in my every day life 5 years prior. It was busy work because the class was "talking" one day, when I wasn't even IN class that day. So I said fuck it, and went up to the media room with my friend Mike and his girlfriend and watched "An American Werewolf in Paris" during the period. We even got popcorn. Afterward, when I had calmed down, things were fine. The following day, sure enough, she chewed me out for skipping class and not turning in my homework "punishment" assignment, and I told her in no uncertain terms that I really didn't care about her stupid assignment, and that if she had any doubt in my mind my vocabulary was not sufficient I'd be more than happy to write an essay on why I thought she was a nimrod and how my private school upbringing until 9th grade was years beyond what she was teaching me now, thus confirming the debate that private education is better because of the teachers who have a passion for it rather than their public school counterparts who only laze the day away and cry to the union when their competence is questioned. (Yes, her and I didn't get along very well). It was 3 weeks before the end of the school year, so what was she going to do, fail a person who never got anything lower than an A on his tests? Detention would mean she'd be stuck there with me even more, and suspension wasn't merited because I wasn't being disrespectful or vulgar, just stating an opinion in a non-threatening manner. Long story short, I won, and she dropped it. I went back to sleeping through class, acing my tests, and that was that. I think I skipped class twice more before I graduated, but, those are each another story :-)

    Anyway, it sounds like your week has really sucked, and I'm sorry for my part in adding to it. Epic song, though, Nirvana is a great band. I just finished listening to Tool - Sober (been on a Tool binge today, ever since "Hooker with a penis" played), and you really do have great tastes. I wish I could have heard you and your friend jamming out that Muse song, also. Hang tough, Rowan, you know you've got just a *little* bit left, and then that awesome family reunion of yours. I can't wait to hear about what you get out of it *wink*.

    Fading to blah,
    -Rhyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and a big welcome to the "Special Necklace Brigade", members: Me, JJ, and now, you! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rowan,

    1st I gotta say--"WHAT?!?" You've got to go back after 6 weeks? Are you kidding me? You poor kid. You seriously should run away and move to the U.S. over here it's approx 3 months. Unless you get off during the year periodically to make up for it, you are a victim of educational child abuse--scream your lungs out kiddo! Keep telling people till someone believes you, and have the sickos prosecuted!! Only six weeks of summer?!! Have any weirdo who would do that to a minor locked up. That's inhuman!

    OK, I'm calming down. I cut school twice that I remember. Once in 1st or 2nd grade and later in 11th. In graded school my Dad drove a school bus. It wasn't mine, but they would let me out early when he was driving it so I could ride around with him. The last 45 mins or an hour, we didn't do anything, and the kids were sent out in bunches, since the buses ran in shifts, so the whole school wouldn't be out there at once. One day, I decided I wanted to be outside, my Dad hadn't said he was driving that day, but I pretended I wasn't sure, but thought he was, so they let me out. This was a "major crime" for a 6 or 7yo who didn't get in any trouble, so I was a little scared and feeling guilty. I walked around outside trying to avoid everyone so it wouldn't be discovered that I was out there too soon. Eventually I was found and escorted back inside, expecting major punishment. But nothing happened, anticlimax, but I was sure relieved. I half expected to get paddled, being outside had never been so "not fun" before in my life.

    The other time, I had been bullied and threatened by a goon and his goon sidekick for months. I had been telling the principal to get him out of the school for months so I could have some peace. But his answer always was "let's give him some more rope and let him hang himself". Well the only thing he was doing with that rope was hanging me with it. The principal was a gutless seatwarmer that the kids had no respect for. Finally things came to a head, and to make a long story short, we both were in the principals office, and the jerk actually threatened me physically in front of the principal. He still wasn't kicked out. I couldn't believe it, and after the idiot left, I stayed and proceeded to chew the principal out while standing in front of his desk looking down at him. I told him how awful he was as a principal, how utterly gutless he was, the worst principal I'd ever experienced, and how the kids had NO respect for him, and then proceeded to give him examples! I told him in no uncertain terms that this was the very last day both of us would be in the school at the same time--either the bully went or I would not be back. Actually I told him all this BEFORE I chewed him out. And he still refused to kick the nut out (I was still being polite at THAT time). THEN I chewed him out standing over top of him. He ordered me to leave and I told him I would leave when I was done speaking to him and not one moment before. And that if he wanted me out any sooner for him to call the police, in which case I would speak to the press about EVERYTHING, and then I pointed down to his phone, and dared him to call the police. He didn't, and I proceeded to chew him out for 15 or 20 minutes, while he pretended to "work on paperwork", but his papers never really moved, so he was listening. Then I walked out, walked home carrying all my books (about 5-10 miles along country roads) and never returned. The next week when the bus went by I flipped it a "double bird" and briefly contemplated mooning them, but didn't want 2b arrested.

    I went to a different school next year, made up for lost time, and graduated with a full academic scholarship. The kids were nice there, the principal "in charge" and the bulllies properly cowed at all times. Best school I'd ever gone to. G

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I ran out of space, but wanted to tell Rhyn that I really enjoyed his post. Great comment Rhyn. Your story sounded like mine. BTW, does your story "get better" every time you tell it like mine does? :-D .

    Hey Rowan, might I make a timely suggestion for you? Do something dramatic and "slightly bad" this year, or next year, so you too can have stories you can "improve" like a fine wine for decades to come. Here's a general one you can work on and tweak it for a few years and tell to kids when they are flying to school in supersuits or using Star Treks transporters to get there. Tell them that when you went to school you didn't fly there in a supersuit, NOOOO, you had to catch a thing that crawled along the ground and belched fantastic amounts of smoke like a dragon, and occasionally the wheels would just burst for no reason, and when this happened there was always a fiery wreck. Tell them this happened frequently, about every month or so, so you and the other kids were used to it. And they even built special doors into the rear and sides of the bus (or train) with the expectation that this would happen, so the kids could just crawl out the best they could. If they were still alive. Oh, and the bus or train had to go to school uphill BOTH ways, and it was always thru global warming so hot the roof would melt half the time and then set everyones hair on fire. But you were just glad to get to even go to school, because the alternative was to go to work in the coal mines (or something--make it awful whatever you think of).

    You're almost a man now my son, and it's time for you to start contemplating the future, and that means making up your stories to amaze and scare little kids with. Don't let the next generation down. They're depending on YOU to let them know how spoiled they are and how easy they have it--compared to how it was "back in your day".

    [Come to think of it that business of having only 6 weeks of summer, and having to start the next year of classes right at the end of the previous year is a GREAT place to start. My blood is still being curdled over that one, stiill getting cold chills--yes you can definitely start with that one. Over here in the U.S. they definitely wouldn't believe you.]

    My work here is now done. Do you have anything to add Rhyn, (or anyone else)?

    Till next time, G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skipping school is not good. But I think by the time I get there I will to a couple times maybe. No way to go anywhere now so I guess to school I will go. Oh, wait, I am out for summer break. Sorry forgot all about that. Yes as far as a blog goes for now it is just there. Think I leave it alone for a while and see what happens. Glad you didn't lose the necklace. I don't take mine off so i won't lose it hopefully. I lay something down is how I lose it. Hugs JJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could we be angry with you Rowan - you just shoed us that your only human.
    Glad it's all comming to an end and summer break is on it's way.
    Must be catching - my week and especially today could have been much better than it was.
    Regards Stef

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, i know it's horrible we only get 6 weeks but we do get way more holidays in between than Americans. In the end it is probably balanced out but i think i would prefer 3 months of summer tbh.

    Thanks for your stories Rhyn and G, you both write so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The trouble is that the longer your away from what you regularly have to do the harder it is to go back to it.

    It's always bad going back after a summer break - don't really know if having months off is that great - would tend to have forgotten so much by the time I went back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy crap. Long comments. I skip school all the time. Was easier b4, but now tht i live with my ma, i have to get creative.

    I reckon u gotta be happy as a pig in mud about ur summer comin up! Congratz! 6 weeks is garbage, but I reckon it wont be too bad.

    Good thing u found ur necklace. I leave everythin in my pants pockets. And like they always go to wash. Freggin lost two ipods like that lol.

    Good luck on the spanish and french tests. i kno i would fail both, but reckon ur smart enough.

    Hugs

    Gabe

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have lost two ipods just leaving them in your pockets!?

    *facepalm*

    Quite unforgiveable Gabe :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry that this week has seemed to be such a bad one for you. School is never 100% good at the best of times but when you have additional stuff making it worse it can seem like there's absolutely no way out at all. As for people leaving their blogs, that's really upsetting and I don't like the fact that people are losing their outlet because of mean/inconsiderate things that other people say to them. It's not fair on anyone. You should always have an outlet.
    Yeesh you skipped first period? From a certified wimp (myself) all I can say is that school must be REALLY bad for you to do that. I'm so sorry that it's not going well for you right now. I think it's a shame that what was one of you favourite subjects has been turned into something which you'd rather not do. I've not skipped school since I was about 5, so I have no terribly interesting stories to tell asides from the fact that at my primary school you only had to tell the teachers that you felt ill for them to send you home.
    Needless to say I figured this out and my parents were called quite frequently to come and pick me up. They were always puzzled when I couldn't actually say what was wrong with me because there wasn't anything =P I wasn't clever enough to lie back then!
    I have 2.5 weeks left of school! I'm jealous =P But now it's 5 days until we see everyone!! That's pretty amazing.
    Good luck for your language tests. You'll be fine since you're good at them ^^
    I'm so glad that you didn't lose your necklace and I'm very flattered that it's one of your most prized possessions =) It photographs well too!
    Good luck with your debauchery =P It sounds fun!!

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid, drop a line or two :)