Hey guys, i thought i would share this picture DJ drew of me a few days ago. You may have seen it, he put it on his blog.
I think it's a really good drawing, i have never had someone draw me before.
The picture the drawing is based on is about 6 months old and i would say i look a little different now (longer hair etc.) but i still think this is a pretty accurate representation. I love the inclusion of the bass as well, that was a really good and thoughtful idea, i love it. Thanks a lot DJ, the whole drawing is so cool in my opinion!
So, the World Cup has started. A certain big match is taking place this evening, that is England vs USA, but before anyone says anything, i am not supporting England in the tournament, i never have and never will. For the past two tournaments i have actually supported France and i am again this year even though they are crap. There are a few other matches on today that i would like to watch but i go a lot of homework to do. It's disgraceful really, back for one week after exams and it's getting piled on us. It's mostly the languages though, French and Spanish are following the same course at exactly the same time so trying to juggle the two at the same time is going to be really hard going next year, it already is.
So yeh, i have a load of French and Spanish homework but i also have this interesting English piece. We've been working on our own writing our own stories over the past few days in class and i think it's actually quite fun. There is the option between a reflective piece of writing, an imaginative piece or a combination of the two. Mine is purely imaginative and i must say, it's pretty dark. I haven't finished it yet but i already know it's going to be quite tragic and gloomy.
I'm not the best writer but if the feedback from my teacher is good i might post it on here, we'll see.
Anyway, all this homework will be out the way soon, only 8 or 9 school days left for me i think and only 13 days until the big family reunion that i have been waiting so long for, which brings me to another point. Lauren and I were discussing and we would like to do something which shows that we were there. Obviously, a picture (but not of the face) is a good idea, but a picture of what?
In fact, maybe not a picture, so if anyone can think of another good suggestion then feel free coz we both don't really have any good ideas right now :P
That's all that is really going on right now, haha
Hugs,
Rowan
Today's musical selection comes from Scottish rock band Biffy Clyro who i thought i would check out coz they have been announced as one of the support acts for when i go to see Muse at Wembley. My favourite song is called Bubbles, it's the big single off their new album but they have 5 albums total and there are some pretty good songs on all of them. Here is Bubbles, hope you like it :)
I think that the drawing is really good =) Drawing people is harder than anything else I think but that looks very much like you ^^ Keep on ploughing away at the homework, summer will start soon =) I absolutely 100% love that song and it's by a great band (I know a little bit more about Biffy Clyro than I do Muse which is saying something =P)
look a bit like a young Ian brown ex stone roses should have been much bigger than they were. how about photo of hands or fringes if hair is long enough . Sorry rowan but its England all the way for me at least the last 4 cant believe your supporting the French 0-0 last night and 4 years ago they failed to score a single goal .
Wow Rowan! I'm happy you like the picture and i really do love drawing them. Cool song too. I never heard of them but i like it alot. Talk soon i hope. Love DJ
Really good Picture DJ draw of you. He is really good I think. It was easy for me to know who that was. I am glad I am out for the summer now, and I am sad you still got so much homework still.
Don't know a lot about the different teams that play in the world cup, I do play soccer in the summer except this year I think I am just going to do Baseball. Soccer is fun but I think I am getting bored with it. Yeah I know slap my face right? But I just don't think it is as popular here as other sports are.
I liked the song, and I was listening to some more of them. Some are really good and some I don't like. But this one was a good song. Take care, Hugs JJ
DJ has a grate talent Rowan even got you looking a bit older maybe love the music you picked out i like a bit of biffy spent the morning throwing darts at a photo of England goalie rob green G-star
I didn't see where/if you posted it on your site, but over on JJ's site I read that you had a birthday. Happy birthday Rowan!
I'm glad you finally decided to turn 16 lol. It seems like you've been 15 for a year and a half now haha.
Too bad about the way they run the schools there. Sounds like they've found foolproof a way to ensure that kids hate school. There would be a revolt over here if they tried that I think. I think Summer is considered a Constitutional right and nearly a Biblical injunction.
I'm not sure WHAT the possible purpose could be in ensuring that the last memory a kid has of school before summer, is a little foretaste of what might seem like "hell to come" next Fall. They SHOULD do the opposite and preview the classes in a positive way, that builds anticipation. That way the student has something he's looking forward to, at least in a way.
You're supposed to mix medicine with jam or somthing. The bureaucrats who thought of this idea, when faced with giving their own kids a dose of medicine, probably mix it with something like turpentine, and then they wonder why it didn't go over well. Their emphasis with the next years classes shouldn't be on getting a headstart (or whatever it is they're trying to accomplish), it SHOULD be on building anticipation by leaving a happy memory to contemplate the whole summer. So what if it's still the same tough class. Do it that way, and then next Fall, start things off slow, easy and fun for the 1st couple of days of the 1st week--then gradually ease the kids back into the mental rigor of school over the next so many days (instead of dumping loads of difficulty and disorientation on them the 1st day) and I guarantee far more kids will like school than hate and dread it.
Young people LOVE to learn--it's regimentation, generational combat, intimidation, real or implied belittlement and "lost in the system" disorientation that they hate. But "learning", especially high speed learning is something they love and are wired for. Unfortunately schools have yet to really pick up on that and re-arrange themselves around it. The individual teachers who DO figure it out, and are able to capitalise on it successfully, are considered the star teachers. But, for other teachers trying to copy them and their methods, in a system which is not really set up for it, is like trying to capture lightning in a bottle. A bottle isn't made for lightning catching. And schools mostly aren't set up for true innovation IMHO.
Maybe your generation will figure out a better way when it's your turn to be the teachers and so forth, I hope so. G
Hello Rowan First of all, a belated Happy Birthday. I saw DJ's picture of you on his blog first, there's no doubt that he's got a gift - I'm glad that you like it. The first thing that came to mind about you and Lauren at your family reunion was a picture of you together taken from behind, so the only potential identifier would be hairstyle, but I guess it might be difficult to explain to whoever was taking the picture why you wanted a snap of the back of your heads!
Hey dude, happy birthday and sorry i missed it. I saved you a chocolate cookie that someone brought over, but i reckon it wouldnt make it in the mail all the way over there so i ate it, it was good.
That pic is awesome, dj does good work.
I told lauren my idea of what yall should do at the reunion. And since i am pretty much a genius, i reckon no one will come up with a better suggestion, so just go with it.
I'm 19 years old and am a raging homosexual... yes I'm gay :P
This blog is simply where i can throw down thoughts, musings, frustrations... comical genius... (?) But through this blog I also hope to help anyone who is scared, confused, unsure or in need of some place to feel better about themselves :)
I think that the drawing is really good =) Drawing people is harder than anything else I think but that looks very much like you ^^
ReplyDeleteKeep on ploughing away at the homework, summer will start soon =)
I absolutely 100% love that song and it's by a great band (I know a little bit more about Biffy Clyro than I do Muse which is saying something =P)
Lauren x
look a bit like a young Ian brown ex stone roses
ReplyDeleteshould have been much bigger than they were.
how about photo of hands or fringes if hair is long enough .
Sorry rowan but its England all the way for me at least the last 4 cant believe your
supporting the French 0-0 last night and 4 years ago they failed to score a single goal .
Wow Rowan!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy you like the picture and i really do love drawing them. Cool song too. I never heard of them but i like it alot. Talk soon i hope.
Love
DJ
Really good Picture DJ draw of you. He is really good I think. It was easy for me to know who that was. I am glad I am out for the summer now, and I am sad you still got so much homework still.
ReplyDeleteDon't know a lot about the different teams that play in the world cup, I do play soccer in the summer except this year I think I am just going to do Baseball. Soccer is fun but I think I am getting bored with it. Yeah I know slap my face right? But I just don't think it is as popular here as other sports are.
I liked the song, and I was listening to some more of them. Some are really good and some I don't like. But this one was a good song. Take care, Hugs JJ
DJ has a grate talent Rowan even got you looking a bit older maybe love the music you picked out
ReplyDeletei like a bit of biffy spent the morning throwing darts at a photo of England goalie rob green G-star
I didn't see where/if you posted it on your site, but over on JJ's site I read that you had a birthday. Happy birthday Rowan!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you finally decided to turn 16 lol. It seems like you've been 15 for a year and a half now haha.
Too bad about the way they run the schools there. Sounds like they've found foolproof a way to ensure that kids hate school. There would be a revolt over here if they tried that I think. I think Summer is considered a Constitutional right and nearly a Biblical injunction.
I'm not sure WHAT the possible purpose could be in ensuring that the last memory a kid has of school before summer, is a little foretaste of what might seem like "hell to come" next Fall. They SHOULD do the opposite and preview the classes in a positive way, that builds anticipation. That way the student has something he's looking forward to, at least in a way.
You're supposed to mix medicine with jam or somthing. The bureaucrats who thought of this idea, when faced with giving their own kids a dose of medicine, probably mix it with something like turpentine, and then they wonder why it didn't go over well. Their emphasis with the next years classes shouldn't be on getting a headstart (or whatever it is they're trying to accomplish), it SHOULD be on building anticipation by leaving a happy memory to contemplate the whole summer. So what if it's still the same tough class. Do it that way, and then next Fall, start things off slow, easy and fun for the 1st couple of days of the 1st week--then gradually ease the kids back into the mental rigor of school over the next so many days (instead of dumping loads of difficulty and disorientation on them the 1st day) and I guarantee far more kids will like school than hate and dread it.
Young people LOVE to learn--it's regimentation, generational combat, intimidation, real or implied belittlement and "lost in the system" disorientation that they hate. But "learning", especially high speed learning is something they love and are wired for. Unfortunately schools have yet to really pick up on that and re-arrange themselves around it. The individual teachers who DO figure it out, and are able to capitalise on it successfully, are considered the star teachers. But, for other teachers trying to copy them and their methods, in a system which is not really set up for it, is like trying to capture lightning in a bottle. A bottle isn't made for lightning catching. And schools mostly aren't set up for true innovation IMHO.
Maybe your generation will figure out a better way when it's your turn to be the teachers and so forth, I hope so. G
Hello Rowan
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, a belated Happy Birthday.
I saw DJ's picture of you on his blog first, there's no doubt that he's got a gift - I'm glad that you like it.
The first thing that came to mind about you and Lauren at your family reunion was a picture of you together taken from behind, so the only potential identifier would be hairstyle, but I guess it might be difficult to explain to whoever was taking the picture why you wanted a snap of the back of your heads!
Love & best wishes
Sammy B
Hey dude, happy birthday and sorry i missed it. I saved you a chocolate cookie that someone brought over, but i reckon it wouldnt make it in the mail all the way over there so i ate it, it was good.
ReplyDeleteThat pic is awesome, dj does good work.
I told lauren my idea of what yall should do at the reunion. And since i am pretty much a genius, i reckon no one will come up with a better suggestion, so just go with it.
bullocks wanker guvna
much love
Gabe