After what i thought would be a tricky week it actually turned out to be ok.
I was worried coz im pretty much on friendly terms with everyone right now and i didn't know which way to go; back to my old friends or stick with my new ones.
In the end i opted for the latter. It was a gamble but it seems to have paid off.
I'm not in the "in crowd" yet, if you want to call it such. By that i mean, most people are totally open to, and often do, hug each other. I have no problem with this, i would like to be the same but obviously this group has been very close for like the past 3/4 years so i can't just barge in and demand hugs! :P
It'll take some time before i am part of all that, or perhaps i maybe won't at all, and i've just got to accept that i suppose. They've all been nice enough to take me in, can't be wanting for too much more.
I think it's lovely tho, a real friendship thing, not something that would ever occur with the people i had been hanging about with. Basically any male-to-male contact was seen as "gay" but not here.
And speaking of which, i've a little something to tell that made me really happy. Well not the first bit but afterwards:
On... Wednesday in music there were two guys sitting behind me and they were pretending to give each other massages. This class usually has a load of banter for 5 minutes while the teacher is in class, preparing, before the lesson properly starts.
So she looked up at the guys sitting behind me and said, "You two stop it, it's a bit gay"
I was VERY annoyed that she said this, obviously, but a little surprised coz i know for a fact that she isn't even a Catholic (indeed, atheist) and is also one of the school's more friendly teachers.
Anyhoo, she said it, and i said nothing of course but Rose (who, if you missed my last few posts, is lesbian) shouted out "That's homophobic Miss!" in a sort of way that i couldn't tell if she was serious or not. She said it with a sort of shocked tone but at the same time, as if she was just taking the mick. (Her and the teacher often take the mick with each other) She was drowned out anyway by the rattle and hum of the class, and the laughter at what the teacher had just said.
The day after that, i was sitting with Rose at lunch and she brought the subject up again and i knew this time she had some level of seriousness about her, she said "I still can't believe Miss said that"
I thought why the hell not and said, "I know it was disgraceful, she shouldn't be allowed to get away with stuff like that"
"Catholic school, what you going to do?"
And then a big long conversation evolved about Catholic schools and the likes and it was epic! We agreed on like everything and i said basically whatever was on my mind without getting shot down by someone else.
Guys, it made me so happy :')
Still annoyed with my music teacher but what it lead to... awesome stuff.
So to return to my original point. I've had a quite a long think about it and i think i would be a madman to go and hang about with the people i used to. Sure, most of them are decent but not in the same respect as people like Rose, and others. I would see it as a step down if i were to go back.
This week also made me realise that i will see Alex and Louis et al as well, they're in a few of my classes and Alex gets the same train as me to and from school. Louis hangs around as well at times.
I don't know how, and when i seen some comments saying "can't you hang out with both?" I was thinking "No, not really" but i was wrong, it seems i can and things look to be coming together on the whole friend front now.
Quite pleasing i must say :)
Rowan <3
(posting this coz i'm really loving it right now and also coz it was Lennon's birthday earlier this month, the 9th)
P.S Any good suggestions for Halloween coz i'm totally stuck :P Anything would be great, cheers!
juiceboys *2524
1 week ago

Rowan you sound like a general planing allegences during WW2. You can always make room in your life for the people that matter to you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Lennon song - have been having a feast of Lennon on you tube to celebrate his birthday - can never have enough of a good thing.
Take care Stef.
no harm in doing both at all Rowan not sure if you would get to the hugging stage but who knows
ReplyDeletemaybe it will happen after the party if you enjoy
it maybe have a go at wearing purple would show your still against gay bullying and it`s a bit Gothic maybe do something with your hair streaks or something dont think you would never ever mess with your hair .
Halloween costume, eh? Sure...
ReplyDeleteYou could easily pull this one off...
:-)
Love, always! (and a spot of fun every now and again)
-David
Hello Rowan
ReplyDeleteIt's good that your 'friends dilemma' seems to be close to being resolved, and that you've found someone like Rose that you can talk to without having to worry about watching every word in case it gives 'the wrong impression'. Oddly enough, I'm in a comparable situation with my new job - it's the first time for some years that I've worked in a place where I'm working with other people all the time rather than largely working on my own, and the temptation to wade in when certain of my new colleagues come out with ignorant or downright bigoted comments is very strong. I don't think it will be long before I ruffle someone's feathers!
Love & best wishes
Sammy B
lol made it to the end and aww and boo at the same time and your out of luck with the whole hollween thing here i am thinking of just dying my hair Love<~peter~>
ReplyDeletep.s. i wanted a gorilla suit but i cant have it:( "its unpratical" Duh! its halloween
Halloween: pre-lapsarian Adam LOL
ReplyDeleteGlad you're happy with the friends situation.
Sorry you associate Catholicism with homophobia.