Friday, 15 April 2011

200TH POST!!!




One thing i forgot to write was about the Hillsborough Disaster this day in 1989. 96 Liverpool fans lost their lives at a football match. I may not even have been alive at this time but the whole thing really touches me and id like if you could spare them a thought today, i certainly will. May they rest in peace. You'll Never Walk Alone.




7 comments:

  1. Hey Rowan

    Well, you were right, it was definitely different! And cool too. There were a couple of words that took me a minute to figure out, but I got there eventually.

    You say how grateful you are, and I'm sure you are, but I can't help but wonder where I would be if I hadn't found your blog and gotten in contact with you. You may not think it was much, but you really helped me figure some things out in my head, and come to terms with who I am. So, in return for your gratitude, I give you my own.

    You're out to your dad?! Awesome! I can't wait to hear the story behind that! I'm glad it was positive.

    Hope you're well!

    143

    _Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations on your double century and on your hand writing which, magnified up a bit, I could ready quite easily. Take it from me you never, ever want to see my hand writing!

    And also congratulations on 'coming out' to your dad! You still seem to be alive and at home and sort of OK about the experience so I guess it went OK. Look forward to hearing more when you've a moment.

    Hillsborough was a crass piece of crowd management which lead to an horribly large number of deaths and injuries.

    If there are good things which came out of the tragedy they were perhaps all-seater stadia and a much less arrogant attitude by our police. Afteral it was by sleight of hand that they got off as lightly as they did after what they did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rowan
    Congratulations on the 200th, may there be as many more as is appropriate for you.
    And more congratulations on being out to your dad - I hope it all works out as you would wish.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this was a great idea Rowan. It is different, but in a creative and humanizing way.

    And don't worry, I read your handwriting easily. It's actually faaaar better than mine. I've always told people that I have "doctors handwriting" lol, (am not a doctor of course).

    Now I have a technical question. I noticed that somehow you got your pen to do all those little keyboard emoticon thingies on the paper. How did you get your pen to do that? Must be a special download or something, I can't get any of my pens to do it. ;)


    Till next time, G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 200th...and coming out to Dad!

    Your handwriting *IS* terrible...had you gone to a good Catholic elementary school like I did, the nuns would have beat the cursive method into you with their sticks!!! :-D

    You have a great blog.

    Love,

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  6. a nice change and different to Rowan I do enjoy
    reading your posts completely different than other blogs that I follow .with your post its not just about you. its about whats around you
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for your 200th post Rowan - I found this post strangely moving. Dunno why.

    I hardly do any handwriting these days, apart from signing cheques :-(

    I have read your next post too and it strikes a chord - my Dad, long since gone now, strived to give us a better life. And succeeded too, but we never really were able to communicate. A loss to us both, I think so I hope you two get to talk to one another more.

    You'll never walk alone. Yup I am old enough to remember that day and it still saddens me. I'm up North next week and hope to get back to visit L'pool once again.

    HUGS
    R

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid, drop a line or two :)