Sunday, 28 February 2010

Moving Into March

Wow, where the hell did February go?

I only just realised tomorrow marked the start of March and it surprised me, i seem to be losing track of my days.

But February really went quick.


A lot has happened, on the blogs here and in general.

School has been freakishly busy for one. But on here, things have just flown.
I've found a lot of new people this month, such as JJ, Rhyn, Raron, Matty to name a few and that's been great.
Meeting more people is always nice.
Recieved quite a bunch of new followers too, so i suppose this month has been pretty good on the whole.

Wonder if that will keep up?


Next month, i expect, will just be just as busy, if not even more so.

School work will intensify, as this month sees the beginning of exams.

Music and Media

They are the final exam, but not really the final exam if you get me.
It's like, they count toward the final grade, so they are vitally important but the exam timetable starts properly in April.

But the busyness start this week in fact.
With the month beginning on a Monday i think it feels a lot more fresh, dunno how, just the way i think of it.

So yeh, this week is already set up to be quite busy.
Particularly Thursday as i have my final Bass Guitar exam and then a Careers Evening after school. So i'll tell you all how that goes, as always of course.
But school is always busy, in fact, i've just remembered that i have to sit the 2nd part of my maths test coz i missed school on Thursday last week and i don't have math on Friday.
So there's another thing to add to the schedule.
Along with just general school stuff that is inevitably busy.

A few birthdays coming up this month too, a few family members and a certain someone else :P
Need to decide what to do for them.


I also wanted to mention what happened at dinner tonight.
We all sat down and i asked my mum that if any Stephen Fry books came into the shop she works at, if she could pick them up for me. She said ok and then my brother went, "Oh, the gay one?
I said, "Yes, the gay one" *rolls eyes*

The my mum said, "I don't care"

So i took the opportunity to agree with her, that made me smile.

A hint, perhaps, that my mum isn't bothered about people's sexual preference :)
I always had a feeling that she wasn't and now i'm getting an even stronger feeling.

Oh, another thing i just remembered. (Remembering a lot at the moment :P)
Today me and mum were talking about possible subject choices for next year and i said i'd rather not do Spanish next year coz i'll have the same teacher, be studying french as well and i could possibly be the only boy in the class next year.
She wants me to do spanish but after i mentioned that she said, "Get lonely in class with no boys around?"

Wow.
A complete WTF moment indeed.
She hinting at something?
I don't think she has any idea but maybe i'm wrong.....


So, anyway i hope you all have a good March and an enjoyable one :D

Cheers,
Rowan

10 comments:

  1. Rowan glad you had a good month, sounds really busy. must be nice to know that you mum is bothered by peoples sexual preference.

    btw it does get loney in a class with no boys. last year i was in a class with only 2 other boys and at time i would be the only boy. it was so boring coz when that happened all they did was talk about 'girls' stuff :S

    WOW your exams start early i dont think mine start until like june time. good luck with the exams and the maths teast you have this week
    rawr
    Raron

    ReplyDelete
  2. February is always a fast month, what with it having only 28 days. Everything moves and before you know it, April comes.

    That thing with your mum is very interesting, but I doubt if she knows. She may just think you prefer to hang out with boys because... well, most boys will hang out together. Then again, mothers typically know everything before anyone else. Maybe she knew before you did. Maybe you could talk to her. It sounds like she would take it very well.

    No pressure.

    -An Avid Reader Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  3. mom's always know... luv<3 tman

    ReplyDelete
  4. its the other way round for me i think these first couple of months have dragged on even if one only had 28 days suppose it does help if your busy not sat on your backside .
    IM getting the impression you mum has an idea that your gay. can never be sure thoe can you?.is she someone who would approach you or just wait for you to tell her? DRU

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, you are right, February has just flown by for me. I hope March is a great month for you Rowan.

    I wish you good luck on all your exams.

    I think your Mom is smarter and more observant than you give her credit for. She sounds like a great person to me.

    Love to Rowan and everyone.
    -- Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rowan,
    Tman's right, they do. Also their reaction is just, "Oh well, just as I suspected, no grand-kids for me". Whereas dads seem to react as if the world has fallen in on them, as if they are gay by association. Well, you got all your male genes from him, mmmmm!

    What you've said about your mum, that she listens, that she is intuitive, makes me think she will be supportive. Based on that, here is my suggestion...

    I reckon, in a quiet moment with just you and your mum, snuggle up to her and whisper you are worried (that always gets them in), you might be gay. That's the difficult bit over. After that you play it by ear. I'd bet that she says you must not tell your dad - which means she won't either.

    Just a suggestion
    r.jimlad

    ReplyDelete
  7. You: *asks about Stephen Fry books*
    Brother: "Oh, the gay one?
    You: "Yes, the gay one" *rolls eyes*
    Mum: "I don't care"

    - if you read this, what your mom said is kind of out of context, and not something normal to say(in an interesting way). With the addition Spanish thing... Intriguing/ I wont make any assumptions, but you should look at the facts and think deeply about this.

    its your life,
    -AS

    ReplyDelete
  8. @AS/DF
    - Yes, i had a feeling that it may have come across that way to some people. What she said is really what she said but at dinner there was a sort of pause before she said it and talking about Spanish went a bit differently too.
    I just didn't right it very well tbh.
    I'll go back later and try to change so it sounds better.
    Sorry for the confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rowan mums have ESP, like tman says mums know!!!She would certainly be the person to talk to when you feel you are ready.Yah it has been a busy month especially as far as blogs go - I do remember that special person mentioning he had a birthday this month.
    School sounds real busy, but a genius like you will breeze through. Just remember that you and Raron as study mates for maths might be a case of the blind leading the blind - if I joined in it would be like someone has lined the life vest with lead.
    The school systems have me totaly baffled - centurys ago when I was at school - the year began, so did learning, middle of the year mocks and end of the year final exams.The next year up a class[unless you failed] and it all started again.
    Anyway good luck with school.
    See ya Stef

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rowan, I think my mom knows about me to. Some the things she says and does sometimes make me think that. I am like you if I tell anyone it will be mom first.

    I hope you get good grades on your tests.

    I got to say I was really surprised about my Blog to. I really like doing it and I only been doing it for 1 month now. Thank You for helping me with it and talking me into doing one. I really like it.

    You right February went really fast, but it was because I had a lot more things happen and had a lot more things to do. My Teddy Bear is not in my bed either. So I am wide awake again.

    Thanks Rowan, Hugs and Kisses, JJ

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid, drop a line or two :)