Thursday, 18 March 2010

Guitar Exam

Hey guys, just a quick post to let you know that the guitar exam today went well.

It wasn't as plain sailing as the bass exam but i can't complain, i never expected it to be.

Just like the bass setup, i played one song all the way through, which went without any glitches.
Then play my two other pieces about halfway through.
First one was fine, on the 2nd one i made a few errors although it's pretty much the only errors i made in both of the exams so i don't think there's anything to worry about.

I wish i could say that i had results for you but.....they won't come back until August, when i get all my exam results in the one go.
These two practical exams count towards our final mark which is why we don't get them back yet.

Apart from that, today was the usual Thursday, tough and tiring and i even forgot to bring my guitar home after school *facepalm*
But it's safe is the music store so i can get it tomorrow :P


Cheers,
Rowan


Here is a song i'm currently learning on guitar, it is one of my favourite songs by Wolfmother and is called Tales, or by it's full name, Tales From the Forest of Gnomes.



From what i can gather it's about forgetting all of your regrets, just putting all the bad stuff behind you and looking ahead to the future.....
It's a real feel good song anyway, and never fails to cheer me up :)


And here's a pic of my guitar.

8 comments:

  1. Pete (my 'other half' spends hours each day playing his guitar - or rather one or another of them because, since he has a job, he now has several guitars.

    He attended a teacher's weekly solo class for a while but now learns new stuff all the time off U-Tube vids! Now there's a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice guitar. Looks like a Fender Stratocaster? I play mostly acoustic but the neck got cracked :(

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Rowan. Glad the exam went good. Great looking guitar you have! I like the Wolfmother song you posted, thanks.

    I hope you have a good day tomorrow too.

    Love,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that your guitar exam went well :D bet you will get top marks in that too. i like the guitar it looks reall kool like your bass. and good song as well ive heard a few wlafmother songs but i think i like this one the best
    rawr
    Raron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rowan glad the the guitar exam went well.
    Enjoyed the Wolfmother clip - nice one.
    Regards Stef

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad everything was good in the music exam. I think it sucks you got wait that long for the grade. How you know if your doing good or bad?

    I really like the guitar to, and I really think it be cool to hear you play. I hope it is safe at school until you get it tomorrow. I liked the song to.. Hugs JJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had troubles understanding the fast & high parts/
    but its awesome.

    Good job on the exams. I cant play and stringed instrument.

    sincereally,
    -AS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on the exam! Nothing wrong with a couple mistakes. Nice looking guitar too. I play, and have a couple guit-boxes, but I prefer drums over guitar or bass. Makes writing songs for my band a lot easier though!

    Like JJ said, it would be great to hear you play either guitar or bass sometime.

    Peace,
    -Kevin

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid, drop a line or two :)