Intrigued?
:P
It wasn't intentionally so, but i found it rather strange.
Before i talk about the "homophobic" part of the test, i'll let you know that it went fine.
There were some tough parts, easier parts, but overall a fair exam.
I didn't feel nervous up until around the hour before it started but once i sat at my desk (single file, in one line) i was ok.
Waiting is the worst.
So, i should talk about what i discovered in the paper.
In one part of the paper, there was a section where we had to tick 3 columns, labelled A-G.
(See where this is going? :P)
My answers, in alphabetical order were A-F-G
But the order i wrote them in was F-A-G
I only realised after i ticked it and i had to do a double-take lol.
To be honest, i found it rather humourous and who knows, they might not even be the correct answers, i doubt the examiners are anti-gay.
Wasn't the only homophobic thing that passed me today.
Yep, Steven....
I'm getting quite fed up with him.
Not just his homophobic nature but his attitude to racism and other general things too. If he keeps it up, he wont get far in life.
At this moment in time, i am actually quite looking forward to seeing him leave after Christmas.
Harsh?
I dunno.
But today he was on Alan's back (behind his back too) and i stood up for Alan.
Alan owed me some money from something a few days ago and he gave me 10p extra by mistake, to which i commented on to Steven.
I said "Oh there you go, Alan gave me ten extra pence...."
Steve "Coz he's gay"
"Excuse me?"
"Yeh, he is have you not seen the way he sits and talks"
(Which by the way is no different to anyone else)
"No, i haven't....how can you just assume he is?"
"Just....how he is, he's a big bummer and you're standing up for him"
"Listen, im just saying that you can't go around assuming someone might be gay when you have no idea if they are or not. Just coz he doesn't talk about girls doesn't mean anything"
"Look at you standing up for the gays"
By this point i got the feeling that things were heading into deep and dark territories so i left it there.
He called me a poof and i told him to fuck off.
I was extremely pissed off with Steven but happy with myself that i was able to stand up for Alan. It would seem now, that i am not the only one who has suspicions that he might be gay. However, as i said, he acts no differently to anyone else, doesn't sit differently or anything. I just have a feeling about him, but also, i, unlike Steven, don't take the assumption that he is gay.
After all, assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups....
But at least after this coming together between me and Steven i received some good news in the form of my other maths result.
It wasn't as impressive as my previous 86% but still respectable, for my standards anyway.
It was a non-calculator paper and i got 18/30, which is 60%
On the two calculator papers my combined score was 43/50, which is 86%
So overall that works out as 61/80 and 76%
Category - A
One word.
Chuffed.
In the past 8 weeks i have gone from 40% to 76%.
These extra classes have had their comeuppence without a doubt, if only my maths teacher could see me now, sitting on an A a few weeks before the final exam.
She would hit the roof.
I hope i see her again before the exam comes around, apparently she's ill at the moment.
Who knows, she might have got wind of my mark and tht made her violently sick lol.
Aah, it's been yet another long and strenuous day and i just wanna retire to my bed now, fairly happy, might i add.
Cheers guys,
Rowan
In a good mood so tht means a Queen song is getting posted.
I know i say this a lot, but this is one of my favourite Queen songs. It isn't that well known i don't think but it has to at least be in my top 3.
Feel like a millionaire!
juiceboys *2524
1 week ago

Awesome about the test, and I *love* the song...
ReplyDeleteSorry Steven is being a dipshit, though. I'm not impressed with him, one bit...
*hugs you*
Oh well, take it easy Rowan, you're an awesome person and that's what matters most. Love ya, chap...
Love, always!
-Rhyn
Rowan def got a laugh about the FAG situation - be interesting to know if that was the right answer. Well done on the maths - you really did turn that around.
ReplyDeleteI'm really sorry to hear about the Steven situation - I know it must get so irratating when his bad attitude keeps chipping away at you. Bit sad really I 'd hoped your open attitude would chip away at his bad attitude.I think it's great that you stood up for Alan [and your own rights for that matter]. It would be interesting to know and would certainly give you an allie in your corner, but as you say assuming is not a wise move.
Love the Queen song - wouldn't mind knowing what sort of a mood gets you to post a Beatles clip - hehe!!!!!!!
Regards Stef
Congratulations on the maths mark. Hope that music test went as well as you say.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry to much about Steven, to be fair he does sound like a bit of a dick. And you did the right thing by standing by your friend.
Octavius.
Verbal diarrhoea is a common misfortune that all people experience in some part of their life(if not all). Be careful, I hear it's mighty contagious!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the results. Im sure your teacher would be proud of your work.
One note, 76 is an A?
learned a new word, "chuffed",
AS
Excellent Queen selection! My dad gave me News of the World for Christmas when I was 13; he went to a record store and asked for a recommendation for a boy my age.
ReplyDeleteI was a little bit freaked by the gay aspects (I was deeeeeep in the closet and denial) but I loved the album (I already knew some of their songs). I really should've realized that my loving "My Melancholy Blues" was a potential sign I was not a little straight boy.
Anyhow, their first seven albums are pure genius. Too bad they decided to turn on the "SUCK" switch after Jazz, imo.
am sure stevens doing this to wined you up rowan
ReplyDeletestill get the feeling he`s a little bit curious .
TBH i got a bit lost with the working out of the
maths results but in the end 86% thats some improvement well done
i get the feeling you dont like your maths teacher much.
i do enjoy the queen tracks you pick rowan its the mix of classical & ballads with a bit of rock thrown in for good measures .
Haha that's awesome about the exam answers. They're probably not gay, but it's a funny coincidence. Good job on the math result too! It's good to know you haven't been wasting your time. I'm sure your teacher will shit her pants when she sees the change in you.
ReplyDeleteThat sucks about Steven. I'm sure it must have been hard for you to sit there and listen to his homophobic bullshit. But hang in there. If nothing else, you say he'll be gone at Christmas? I'm sure you'll survive. I'm happy to hear you were sticking up for Alan though, even when he wasn't around. That shows good character and that you are a true friend to him.
Remember to get some fun squeezed in between all the studying you're doing.
-Kevin
Sounds like Steven is really getting to be a pain in the a__ . He sure is using the gay remarks a lot more. Why does he care what Alan does so much for. Why do straight people have to make such a big deal about gay people? We don’t go around and give him crap about him liking girls, why he got give us problems because we like boys?
ReplyDeleteAlan sounds like he could be a fun person. Do you know him very well Rowan? OMG now Steven is calling you names to? He is really lucky I don’t live there. I show him that a poof could kick his a__. He sounds like we are not very tough, way he uses words. I am glad you stood up for Alan.
Congrats on the Math scores, it looks like the extra math lessons helped you out a lot. You went from almost failing to super A. I am glad you got the grade back up where you wanted it. Also I love Queen. Best band around I think. Also thanks Rowan for putting DJ’s blog on the post to. He is really a cool guy I think. Love you, Hugs JJ
Rowan,
ReplyDeletePlaying with your Maths too! It just goes to show what a good teacher can achieve - and a bad teacher can destroy. I told you that Maths and Music have a lot in common, I'm glad it's connecting now.
Steven. Haven't you worked it out yet? He's so interested in things gay that he must be gay. But he'll be the last to admit it. Poor guy will try to be str8 and be unsatisfied all his life while he continues gay-spotting.
imho
r.jimlad
It's always seemed to me that when a str8 person redirects onto others, it is to further their denial of themselves or impress other people who wonder about him. Simple. He's afraid and in denial, it's simple as that. You can confront him in a private one on one chat and either get him to admit he's in denial or get the point across, that there is no need for that type of behavior as today, it's not socially except able.
ReplyDeleteJMO!
Alan