In my last post i mentioned there was a big meet up at someone's house so just for background information this "someone" was Nicholas. Mentioned him a few posts back, he's mega rich, massive house and his parents are away on holiday. I ended up staying two nights for that reason which is why this post has been a bit delayed.
Anyways, I went to his on Wednesday, kinda nervous coz i knew Susan would be there and i had the idea in my head that i'd be able to talk privately with her somewhere. However, with all that was going on - clearing ASDA out of their full stock of 1 litre Orange Lucoazde bottles between us, messing around on computers etc - and mainly coz there were so many people there, it turned out to be impossible. I think there were 10 people in total.
The opportunity to talk never presented itself, besides it was already awkward enough. We barely talked from the time she got there (2pm) to the time she left (bout 9pm)
I seem to remember we did talk a bit but that's only after the booze came out...
*facepalm*
Yes. I'll own up now. I got drunk.
Trust me, i didn't plan to but it happened. Nicholas started drinking to build up some Dutch courage to break up with his girlfriend and then continued to drink in celebration afterwards. Josh had a little, his friend Melly had some and then i thought, "What the hell" and joined in.
It was an innocent mix of gin and coke to begin with but we soon discovered Nicholas' wine seller and that was it. I ended up getting drunk on red wine, how very homosexual.
But this lead to the most important detail of the night. Bits of this instance are missing from memory, like most of the night in general, but i told Josh and his friend, Melly, that i do like guys.
I don't remember how but we found ourselves in a private part of the house, all 3 of us drunk and i seem to recall me saying something along the lines of, "Guys, i'm at least bi you know, i do like guys." To my knowledge, i did not full out say i was gay but in all honesty, i probably could've coz both of them didn't mind. As i said my memory is a bit blank in places but i also recall Bryan's name coming up in that conversation o_O
Hope i didn't say something a bit more, than i thought. Josh didn't mention Bryan the next day when we talked but i haven't discussed it yet with Melly. She also levelled with me by saying that she is probably bi and has done things with girls before. Whaddya know.
For the record, this was after Susan had left the house and the conversation was solely between Josh, Melly and I. I don't know why i told Melly tho. I know her fairly well but not well enough to say what i did in all honesty. Thankfully, Josh and her are tight and he has assured me that she won't go talking and neither will he. By the same token, i won't go blabbing about Melly so we're on the same playing field.
That was the night's main events apart from all of us attempting (and apparently failing) to walk Melly home and then returning to Nicholas' house and throwing up in his sink whilst on Facebook via my iPod at the same time.
The people who stayed sober had a good laugh about that. Josh, Melly, Nicholas and i were the most drunk. A few others had enough to get a little drunk and the rest didn't touch any. Our group honestly isn't one to go drinking a lot. I personally am not so i'm a bit surprised i did tbh. I'm a bit surprised ANY of us did but there you go. It has made me realise why people do drink with their friends. Part of it was quite fun, but it's the aftermath - the vomiting and the headaches - that counters it.
It's certainly the most drunk i've ever been though and if i ever do again i will make sure i've at least eaten something and i'm not drinking red wine - i swear i thought i was throwing up blood at the time - hopefully beer, if anything.
Anyway, now that you've read all that i'm guessing a few of you may be quite disappointed and rightly so. I did read all your comments and i did try hard to speak openly with Susan to clear the air but to no avail. Getting drunk certainly wasn't part of my game plan so i can only apologise once again. I certainly didn't ignore anything that was said. I considered it all and thank you for going to the trouble of attempting to help me.
At the end of the day, things have worked out positively for the moment. Not 100% positively but it's still good nevertheless. Two trustworthy people know i like guys. I see that as a plus. The situation with Susan and Rose needs to just work itself out however, and Josh even believes the same.
I see a lot more of Susan than i do of Rose. Rose is like an annoying stalker to be brutally honest. She texts me non-stop but i hardly see her. I'll be surprised if i do once this summer but if i do, i will try to get her to back off even if i hate rejecting people in that way.
Susan is on holiday for a week or two but no doubt i'll see her and hopefully i can tell her then. Whether i have to come out to either of them remains to be seen. I don't know. Josh (who knows both quite well) thinks the best thing to do would be to just tell them i'm sorry i don't feel the same way about them and like them as friends. A few comments suggested this as well and i'm more inclined to agree with them.
Josh has my back though which is an important thing. Well, i'd like to think he does.
Anyhoo, as for now i'm back home and just trying to relax after the last few days. It's been hectic, fun, interesting and worrying. Nothing happened the second day i was there apart from loads of gaming. Perhaps part of the reason i did get drunk was because i knew i didn't have to go home the next day... who knows, but apparently festivities involving alcohol are planned again for tonight.
Josh is still there, Nicholas obviously and Melly is returning. I'll leave them to it. If i didn't have such a busy weekend then i might consider it but it doesn't matter anyway coz i'm home now. See, I AM responsible. I know when enough is enough :P
But i just want to apologise again if i've let anyone down. I really hope i haven't and i appreciate your help. This situation isn't pleasant (although its certainly easier with advice from folk reading this!) but hopefully it isn't as bad as it seems and can be cleared up within the next few weeks. I'll keep you updated, of course, and i'll try to sort it out as best i can.
Rowan <3
juiceboys *2524
1 week ago

have to say Rowan id have got stuck into the booze myself remember the first time I just went mental trying everything vodka,rum,cider,lager not all at once by the way but I was sick as a dog later on even worse next morning .at least you managed to sort of tell josh in a round about way you like guys better than nothing .
ReplyDeleteI know this sounds really lazy but why cant you mention it to Susan via Facebook message
I know its a cop out but wouldn't everyone else .
Rowan,
ReplyDeleteYou haven't let anyone down. You're a teenager in a culture that is a lot freer with alcohol than it is here, though that doesn't stop many teens from drinking. It's good that the consequences were no worse, but honestly, now you know what your limits should be. It's easy to get caught up in the moment and drink too much when you've not had any to judge your reaction to it.
Your coming out to Josh and Melly is a good thing. Hiding behind "bi" seems a bit of a cop out, though...just tell them FFS! You'll get a chance to let the others know you're not interested - one way or another.
Anyway, it sounds like you had a good time, and there were no awful results - some vomit and a headache are pretty normal for getting drunk on red wine - been there, done that, left purple stains on the carpet...and you're a little closer to being out. Just think what that means - no more worrying about who knows (or suspects), no more dodging questions and set ups by well-meaning but misdirected friends...you can just be you.
Peace <3
Jay
Jay, i think calling it a "cop out" is a bit harsh. Saying as much as i did was difficult enough and at the time i probably wasn't saying it quite the way i wanted :P
ReplyDeleteEither way, i text Melly asking if she could remember much. She said i told her, "I am bi but not completely sure"
I don't recall it personally but it leaves it open to saying, "I'm sure i'm gay now" one day in the future, you know?
I'm still pleased with what i did get across to both her and Josh though. T'is, without doubt, a step in the right direction :)
Rowan <3
Yeah, you're right, I'm sorry. That was a poor choice of words. You're on the right track.
ReplyDeletePeace <3
jay
Ro,
ReplyDeleteI think your recent experience with alcohol should be a lesson.
Alcohol can be quite cathartic in moderate doses, but in excess is a curse (ask me how i know?)
I know your life seems tumultuous (EXCITING!) right now, but don't fall into the trap as using alcohol as a crutch; it's very EASY to do.
Have fun with your adolescence, but realize that alcohol is totally relentless.
Have fun, but watch the booze.
:-)
-Andy
(ps, sorry to be so morose.)
I know the details of your life seem
Ro,
ReplyDeleteWell done! No need to apologise, it's your life, your blog and you can drink if you want to! I'm just worried what Nick's parents will say about their depleted wine cellar when they get back.
It does look like everything went ok, and you've confirmed you have some good friends, and you learnt more about the dreaded drink.
It's my turn to apologise - for the oh-so-verbose comment before. I was at work, with a sticky scheduling prob when I read your Help! So I jumped at solving your prob instead of mine. It's always easier to solve other peoples' probs than you own, he-he. So thanks for your patience.
I'll sign off now before G complains he has competition!
r.jimlad
as the classic Lennon song goes Rowan
ReplyDeleteALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE RED WINE A CHANCE .
Red wine is famous for hangovers and head aches.
ReplyDeleteThe most important thing about booze is to do it when there's people around you to share in the fun - and remember that it makes you pee - so afterwards drink loads of stuff which isn't alc. and take those little paracetamol (just a couple at a time mind!) to help relax everything.
Best of all, as you said, eat some carbs before - but anything above what you're used to will still make you drunk. And, of course, if you go on drinking, it will keep you drunk.
Er, pass the bottle, will you darling?
Oh and whether you call it 'bi' or 'gay' is purely an indication of how confident you are about your sexuality: we all know it means the same thing because most of us are bisexual to some degree anyhow: even those boys and girls who say they're straight.
Finally - I reckon who you tell, how you tell them and when you tell them is totally up to you. It's your life! But, personally, I felt so very much better about myself when I started being open with my friends about who I really was.
Sounds like fun. Looks like you are having a good time, I hope all is well, long time no talk.
ReplyDeleteG
-__-' Things will work out, they always do. Don't worry too much on the whole drinking thing,Everyone drinks at one point in there life.. Unless your like a nun or a monk but I'm sure they sneak a cheeky red wine in (You know the whole Jesus blood thing) Not getting a point across at all here am I. Murh. Well. You'll find time to talk to Susan. Eventually. & Come out when your ready. xD Its better to just tell it straight that your not interested in them and you can't see them as more then friends. You could lie hear and just say "I did try". Over facebook, text or to there faces whatever best for you. :D
ReplyDeleteAs long as you had fun though
- Star ^_^