Tuesday, 2 February 2010

L's Response

So maybe in the dialogue that i posted last time between me and my cousin, you might have thought that L's repsonses were maybe.....limited...?

She said so herself :P

But she did post a heart-warming full response on her blogger account (which i won't give away) a few hours after i came out which was directed at me, so i thought i would post it on here to really show how she took it.

And it was so great for me to read. I was completely overwhelmed.

Here it is :

------------------------------------------

Someone told me something today. And it was a big something for them to tell me. It wasn’t expected at all but it just happened. Words cannot describe how… humbled (that’s the honest word which springs to mind when I think about it) I am that they chose to tell me this. To receive that much trust from one person is mind-blowing and I am so grateful and thankful and so much else that you told me. I just can’t get my head around the fact that they trust me so much as to tell me, it’s unbelievable. I know this person will read this eventually and I just want to say thank you so much. When I think of how I handled it I’m not too pleased! I would have liked to have said so much more to you but I was shocked at how much you must trust me to say what you did so my replies may have seemed a bit wooden and stilted but I assure you that I didn’t intend for them to be. When I read back on the conversation I feel a bit silly =) What you told me doesn’t change how I think of you one tiny bit, you’re still the same person to me that you always were (this has now morphed into something of a letter to you =P) and I won’t ever tell any one person. This is something you’ve shared with me and it’s yours, not mine and I promise that I won’t ever tell anyone =). You trusted me and to me that’s a big deal. Reading your blog (and yes I read every single entry) has really really opened my eyes to how you must feel and I hope you know that you can talk to me if you want to. What you told me doesn’t matter to me and I can’t stress that enough, what you said doesn’t change anything at all. Thank you for trusting me, I completely and utterly respect you.

I could carry on all night but I’ve repeated myself several times already and it’s getting late!!

Thank you again.

Wow =)


-------------------------------------------------

I'm sure you see know, even if there was any doubts before, how awesome my cousin is.

I was crying when i read that.

Happy crying, of course.

And it really surprised me when i found out that L had read all my blog!
I'm pretty sure she knows me a lot better know.

I love all my cousins, and i'm sure L does as well. But she must know a lot more about me now than any of our relatives.
And i think that brings us closer together and that makes me happy.

So, once again, thank you for everything L!!!


Anyhoo, i don't have much else to say.
This post was just to show what L's thoughts really were and to show you guys how awesome she really is!


Cheers,
Rowan

6 comments:

  1. Rowan you are right. She is special. I am glad you got to tell someone about you and how you feel. I was a little bit not sure when she was talking to you in the chat. After what she says now i know she will keep your secret, till you tell who you want to know. I am happy for you. Hugs JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rowan that really was very touching - she is special but then don't forget so are you.
    You have jumped the first hurdle and as you feel more comfortable they should become easier each time, just don't rush things and stay in your comfort zone.
    Regards Stef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC!!! She did sound a bit shellshocked when you told her. I was a bit worried about her 'cool' responses. Thanks for posting her reply. I'm so happy for you - both.

    You have to keep a backup somewhere safe and treasure it for ever to read whenever you're feeling down.

    She knows about WOW???? lol
    r.jimlad

    ReplyDelete
  4. REALLY NICE THING TO DO ROWAN AM SURE L WILL
    BE TOUCHED HAVE YOU MET UP SINCE?
    CAN SEE THAT THE LAST FEW WEEKS HAVE MATURED YOU
    BEGINNING TO SHOW. MORE LIKE 15 GOING ON 25
    DRU

    ReplyDelete
  5. just saw your posting about coming out and wanted to say "Good for you!!!" I have to admit that I have to catch up on your blog to figure your situation out, but after living a lifetime in the closet, as least with my catholic family and having to lie to serve my country, I can honestly say that you have made a brave but healthy decision and I am psyched for you! I find myself tearing up just writing this- if you met me, you'd probably think I was lying... I'm not. There is definitely too much pain in my closet and I'm glad you are starting to feel accepted- you deserve it! Good luck, young man; I'll be following to see your progress... hugs, tman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so I messed up on my first response to your coming out entry.

    Seems like you have a way cool cousin, well done L.

    It's a shame so many people still get in a stew about where we want to put our bits. Who wants to see or know what our friends do behind closed doors (well perhaps I could have put that better, bye bye porn industry). But seriously, where do we get these problems from? It's just bits, it doesn't harm anyone else.

    I hope Steve sorts himself out, seems he has a lot of fear there, from his dad no doubt, but if he is a good mate, he may come round.

    love,

    fb

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid, drop a line or two :)