What is improvement really? Obviously, if things get better, that is improvement but how much are we talking here?
Lots?
Just a little?
I suppose in my case it's the latter, i wasn't expecting things to improve immense overnight and they haven't really. Writing that post the other night made me feel a bit better and talking to other people about things helped too. But there hasn't really been much of a change in school. The workload is still the same, the pace is still the same, the morons haven't changed their ways, obviously.
That's just something i'm going to have to learn to deal with, coz that is what next year, after the summer will consist of.
Although Steven is leaving halfway through, his presence will still be somewhat irksome.
But get this. Today, Steven offered for me to buy his iPhone. Just like back at the start of the year at a reduced price - only 100 pounds.
Where does this generosity come from?
I know, we've been through this, Steven is a very confusing character but i just dunno....
And this isn't an option i think i'm gonna turn down, i mean 100 quid for an iPhone doesn't come around often.
This is the Steven i like!
Why can't he be more like that all the time?
And then when i get an offer like this i feel bad that i can't wait to see the back of him.
It's another thing that troubles me a lot, something i didn't address on my last post : my relationship with Steven.
It's just confusing.
Even when he leaves school i wont be entirely rid of him, only in school of course, im sure he will still be around outwith there at weekends and the likes.
Well anyway, away from all that, the offer for his iPhone cheered me up today, i must admit it is really cool of him.
(dont hate me) :P
Something else that improved my current mood are English and Media classes. Media, the teacher is really funny and probably the best teacher i have right now, so that class is always something to look forward to. And for English, a few posts back i mentioned we were writing a story. It's coming on quite well, i enjoy writing (never thought i would) but it's not without it's difficulties. We have a word limit and mine is way over it, so editing and condensing will be a pain. Also, i had to cut out a full section of my story and even with that gone i still need to edit it.
I hand it in tomorrow and if it's good i might post it on here, no promises tho, it's also quite a dark story, the teacher will think im a loony or something. A brief outline is that it's about a guy who isn't being himself after the death of his mother and is acting out, not being who he really is and the consequence(s) of that.
Believe me, it's dark O.o
Just thought i'd mention all that school stuff but with regards to my last post, thanks for all your comments, i read all of them, some a few times and they pretty much all said good things so thank you for that, your comments don't go unnoticed btw, i read every single one :)
I know im only 16 and i have loads of time to tell whoever i choose that i'm gay but keeping it a secret has just been getting to me lately. It's not good to keep things bottled up, it really does annoy me. Doesn't make things easier when all i hear everyday is talk about eradicting all gay existence and general crap :/
It just all came to a stand-still on Monday and i couldn't take it anymore so for anyone in particular that i may have upset im sorry, it all just came pouring out. This hasn't been a very good week so i'm sorry if i got on anyone's bad side.
I am a lot more composed now than i was on Monday tho, i have sat down and thought about things more rationally. All this crap is gonna come and hit me and i think it's only natural for me to get very fed up with it from time to time. There's not a lot i can do, as one person, to influence people's stupidity or ignorance, that's something they have to do for themselves so until they do change their views i just have to deal with it.
I have to develop a thick skin. Thought i had one already, just obviously not thick enough.
At the end of the day, and im thinking in terms of the bigger picture here ; when i finish high school completely, things will be much better. I will go wherever i go, be it college or university and i know that people there will not be like the people in high school. They'll be older and more mature for a start, and there will also be a more diverse group of people there, more open and accepting.
Things will get gradually better.
Christmas : Steven will leave, no more of his crap at school.
Next summer : More morons will drop out of school, increasing the number of us intellectuals 8-B
The summer after : No more high school, i can move on, be with smarter people and further my education.
Long term targets, yes, but realistic ones.
And i think that's what you gotta do, set yourself goals or else you are wandering aimlessly, not knowing what to do and where to go.
But im getting some ideas in my head now starting with those targets, and they're only the school ones, there will still be lots of others down the road.
Short term (not so much targets) : Family reunion next week and Muse at Wembley in September, two things i'm sure i will enjoy
Thought i'd end on a more positive note this time round :)
Hugs,
Rowan
juiceboys *2524
1 week ago

This one sounds a lot better then the other day did. I still can't see how they want to make you remember so much stuff and then let you on summer break so you forget it all. Just sounds a little backwards to me.
ReplyDeleteI hear you about the coming out. I really don't worry about it now. I was really thinking it wasn't so much coming out to all my friends as it was to coming out to my parents. I really felt that I was lieing to them each day that they didn't know.
Steven is a hard one to figure out. I bet he has you going all the time. I also hope you have a fun time at the reunion. Me, I really hate family reunions. I haven't been around long yet and when we have them there is always a ton of people I don't even know. Pretty bad when I see boys my age and find out they are cousins.
So far I only got one goal, I want to do. I want to be a cardiologist when I am older so I know I have to have really good grades to get that and that's what I am working on now. Hugs JJ
There's a feeling when you think something big should be happening, but instead it's really small and you end up dissapointed, what you were saying about improvement is probably that, you wait for it so much you idealize it and in the end it's not a big deal. In my opinion, however, improvement is improvement and since it is, I guess theres nothing worng with it.
ReplyDeleteAs for Steven, I'm not sure I got the whole thing right between you two, but you can't expect to divide the world in good or bad people, there's no such thing. Yes, maybe he's annoying and homophobic and maybe has a weird sense of humor, but theres also pros and you'll always see him depending on your current mood towards him. If you like him (as a friend, needless to say) maybe you'll get over that and be a friend of his nicer side. Don't say he's a bad person and stay away from him altogether if theres nice things about him that you enjoy, and moreover don't hate yourself for liking the good things.
Also: couldn't be more jealous for Muse ;)
Rowan I'd be surprised if any one was offended - we all have our days when all seems to be to much - your only human.
ReplyDeleteWhen you discuss Steven it always gets me thinking and I'm sure I have said it before - nothing in life is perfect. There must have been some positave things between you that led to your friendship but his negetive homophobic is the minus part of your friendship - I'd still like to think that even though it is hard for you to overide his fathers influences, I'd like to think your influence has done some good - like you said at the start of your post some improvement stands out others are much more subtle and take longer to hit home. You may never see these changes in the time you are together but it would be very interesting to be a fly on Stevens wall quite a few years down his life and really see how big an impact your friendship really has had on his life - who really knows but I personaly feel that you would be very surprised.
I'd certainly be interested to read your story if you decide to put it on your blog - hope it gets you good marks.
Have a great day.
Regards Stef
Glad youre feeling better(there is quite a difference, even in the title), though i am more amused by ranting(sorry!).
ReplyDeleteHuman relationships is a very difficult topic. From what i read, its Steven's attitude that annoys(alot) you. For normal human beings, more outward hate represents less meaning and purpose.
IMHO, Steven still thinks of you as a friend(either that, or the iphone is busted).
/dF
PS. More morons will drop out of school, increasing the number of us intellectuals - !? are my dreams coming true? (on a side note, humans are usually at their most insanest between the ages of 18 and 24)
Hello Rowan
ReplyDeleteI'm pleased that you're feeling on a more even keel now - I've always thought venting your frustrations is better than bottling things up, as long as your venting method doesn't cause more problems than it solves.
As far as you, as one person, not being able to change the world goes, in terms of seismic shifts in the attitude of everyone, you're probably right, but in terms of being a good influence on people close to you, I think one person can make a difference. There is a ancient Chinese proverb - "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". I think it's worth bearing in mind.
Love & best wishes
Sammy B
Hi Rowan
ReplyDeletethe guy say it all the time to JJ it,s you blog
say what you want you had a bad day and you offended someone the people that read you blog know you better then that.
couple of things thank for Wolfmother got last weekend.
Next weekend if sightseeing go to Trafalgar Square and look up at the ship in bottle have someone take photo or do what the famous people do baseball cap and dark glass.
I will leave you with a couple of chinas to
cheer you up.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJi3cGlDnBo&feature=related
weeyin
next weekend if sightseeing go to T
Okay i wrote a super long post b4, and of couse just as i put post, my internet goes down and its dint save.
ReplyDeleteSo to make a long post short.
-Better post than last time, cheer the feck up!
-Buy the dang iphone
-Come out to whoever, whenever u feel like it bro
And I think ppl bad talk wandering aimlessly. Half the fun i have is just goin and not knowin where i end up. Kinda like an adventure. I try no to plan to much, less its smart to. Like college an stuff sure.
Speakin of college. Apply to NCSU! Most smart folks live here in NC so, there are lotz of people u can relate to.
LOL
luv and hugs
Gabe
Firstly bud if you are looking for an I.Phone then bite his hand off that's a great price.
ReplyDeleteAnd as for coming out. Take your time think about who you are going to tell first. I was Outed last year by a guy who I was closer to than anyone else in the world. It turned out well in the end but at the time it almost drove me to Suicide. I had the story posted on my blog but I have taken it down now. But if you want to read it let me know and I will forward it to you. Keep up the good work life will start to get better soon
Eddie xxx