Can i survive? O_O
Yes, of course i can, it's just gonna be difficult is all. In fact, only tomorrow looks like it will be difficult. Tuesday looks like it should be ok.
If i get any homework tomorrow that is due for Tuesday i'll be ragin'!!!
:P
Tomorrow is gonna be difficult coz i have speaking and writing tests in both Spanish and French. Ugh.
I've spent quite a chunk of my weekend looking over them, learning them off by heart and it's been quite a struggle coz they are the effectively the same essay but in two different laguages.
Suppose it's good to experience some of what is to come now so i don't get too shocked when i return back after summer.
At least i've been able to do some of my revision outside in my garden over the weekend, it's been real sunny here the past couple of days :D
Spent most of my time in the garden either looking at school stuff or playing on the trampoline with my brother and sister.
Haven't spent so much time with them in a while and i've also noticed that my brother tends to use the words "gay" and "fag" an awful lot than i ever thought he did...
So does my sister *cries*
It's my fecking brother that's got her into saying it, she doesn't even know what it means. He is too much of an influence on her. She hears him say it and she thinks it's ok.
E.g today she called me "a gay bastard"
:'(
She is 9 for fucks sake!
It really upset me when she said that. Tbh i was quite devastated, i just froze and shook my head in disbelief.
It isn't easy talking to a 9 year old about stuff like that but i will tell her at some point that it isn't acceptable to say things like that, hope she understands.
So apart from that dampner today, the weekend has been fairly enjoyable just tomorrow that will be a pain in the ass but i'll get through it. Somehow...
The fact that Steven wont be in this week helps. Dunno why he isn't in but i'm not gonna complain. Well maybe i will a little coz that means there will be no iPhone deal this week and probably not for a few weeks in that case.
Ho hum.
Thanks for your comments and experiences with glasses and contact lenses. I still haven't mentioned it to my mum but as i said, over the summer is probably the best time. I can wait for now :)
Also, erm, im thinking of doing some stuff with my blog.
Don't worry, nothing drastic but i'm kinda getting bored looking at the same thing all the time. I'm thinking a new template but same colour perhaps, i'll try not to make the change too... changey. I don't really like change when i get used to something but i think i need to separate the main body of text from the sidebar. Make them different colours or something or else it looks a bit jumbled (it does to me at least :P)
And i am going to add a poll too, ive got an idea in mind so look out for a poll in the coming days. It should be something music orientated.
Anyhoo, that's about all for now. Must do a bit more revision and then get some sleep for my busy day ahead tomorrow.
<3
Hugs,
Rowan
PS Anton, i've added your blog to my links. Guys, if you haven't seen Anton's blog yet (somehow) go check it out! - http://antonshaus.blogspot.com/
juiceboys *2524
1 week ago

Hey kid... I was startled to read the stuff about your young sister... You know, the time to deal with that, is when the words leave her mouth... It will make a much bigger impression, and, spare you the burden of carrying that comment around in your heart...
ReplyDeleteYour brother- the same lesson, only in a firmer way... He is older than your sister, no?? He will need more reminders...
I hope that this nonsense stops soon... how are these kids getting through school still learning this cruel prejudice??? Well, Rowan, you have work ahead of you, with school, as well as with your family... luv, tman<3
Wow, good thing she isn't around my mom. She would now what a bar of soap tastes like. My mom still does that if she catches you say the bad words. She has even got Mike a couple times. Mike told me one day he would do the soap and not have her tell his mom he said that. Mom's they all got us I think. Can't hide from them.
ReplyDeleteBut yeah it hurts they say those things to you I am sure. Really makes it hard to say anything about being gay. I have noticed my parents don't say any more gay jokes now either. Hugs JJ
Ouch, yea, that can be devastating hearing your 9 year old sister call you things like that, but take solace in the fact that she doesn't truly know what it means yet. It'd be different if your brother called you that, though.
ReplyDeleteThe problem is that when you have younger siblings, they always look up to what you *do*. Not, what you *don't do*. So your sister sees you not using language like that, and, your younger brother using language like that, and she all she sees is what your brother *does*, not what you *don't do*. That's why younger siblings rarely pick up good habits and mostly pick up bad ones, when they're based on doing vs not doing. Am I making sense?
I like JJ's mom's idea of washing mouths out with soap. I've never had it done to me, though, and it wasn't until I was in high school that I really started cursing, and even then it wasn't a whole lot.
As for coming out, well, yes, it does make it harder I suppose. I've come out to a few people in the past few months, and every one of them has done the following:
First, at the time I tell them, they say "Oh that's cool" (or something to that effect), followed by a story of another friend they have that is openly gay, as if to prove they are OK with gay people in the first place.
Second, over the next few weeks, they stop telling gay jokes or making gay references around you, as if they're trying to avoid an awkwardness that was there before. I say "over the next few weeks" because this behavior doesn't happen immediately, but takes them a little time to get used to. It doesn't *stop* after a few weeks, though.
Lastly, after a month or two, most of the people I've come out to who are male (but not all) have started making comments such as "You're single, you should go talk to him" or something, as if they're trying to give me relationship advice. Now, my "coming out" base is quite limited, granted, but it's still been quite consistent. I think that your brother would have a harder time with it than your parents, because his use of "gay" and "homo" and similarly derogatory terms is just so ingrained into his age group's culture that he's going to be made fun of (or at least, feels that way) if he stops using terms like the rest of his peer group, but would be offending you if he did use them. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, no win situations, etc, etc. So if you do decide to come out, I would avoid letting him find out until he's older or mentally stronger to the point he won't be put into that situation.
Just my 2 pence, sir.
-Rhyn
That sucks bout ur bro and sis. But i think that i have taken control of the word. Like my pops always told me make fun of urself first, b4 anyone has a chance to. And i sorta did that with the whole gay thing. Idk why but i never take offense when someone says it. It just dont bother me. Heck I even say it sometimes.
ReplyDeleteAnywayz, I was too late to post on the Glasses post. I personaly think glasses are sessy. LOL. Glasses can add to ur funkiness if u get the right ones. My two cents at least. I dont have to worry cuz i have like superman eyesight. Prolly cuz i am american, idk.
And as far as chagin ur blog. How bout throwin some green in it. Its prolly the best color in the world. So yeah.
Anywayz, last two days man!!! Hang in there.
Hugs
Gabe
Thanks guys, your 2 pence, cents, bits and bobs or anything always mean a great deal to me :)
ReplyDeleteCheers