Saturday, 18 September 2010

Blogaversary! \o/

Today i celebrate a year on this blog and it's quite something i have to say.

It feels like yesterday i started and already 365 days have passed me by. And im quite proud that i've actually went this long.


What does a year old blogger make me? I think quite an old veteran in terms of blog years :P
I don't have anything amazingly special to do or say tbh. I did have something planned to celebrate this anniversary but it's been a bit delayed. It doesn't matter when i announce it though, just woulda been cool to do it today but ho-hum. I shan't lose any sleep over it, i'll announce it soon enough ^^
Just want to say thank you to all my 70 followers, even though i don't hear from many of you a lot of the time, its nice to know you're there!
This time last year i had nobody...
...and that's why i made the blog, and the reason still continues today: I know no other gay people in my daily (offline) life.
I can post almost anything i like on ths blog and receive advice and help back from it and i really appreciate that i can recieve it here as i don't have anywhere else really that i can. Parents from time to time i suppose but of course i can't go to them with some of the problems that i detail on here.


Haha, just looking back at my first ever post:

Well, here we are on blogger....

i have never used this before but once it gets going and i get used to it, things should be more interesting, but for now, progress may be slow
Cheers,
Rowan

Suppose that wasn't much of a post so here's my second (but proper first!) post:



this post is basically why i made a blogger account in the first place :

1) where i live is very homophobic - i love all my friends but sometimes the comments they make about gays, bi's, lesbians etc. really gets on my nerves (of course, i'm not outed to anyone) So i created this so i can have somewhere to get away from all that

2) i love talking to other people - i love meeting and chatting to people and i want to get to know some more gay/bi people, as i know hardly any in my school

i thought this post might be longer than it was but apparently not, above are my two main reasons for making a blogger account + my email addy, so don't hesitate if you wanna chat :D
cheers,
Rowan



And those two reasons still remain as i type out my 159th post.
So thanks to everyone who has messaged me and helps me and gives me advice and all those good little things people do that help me get by.
Without the blog, i would have nobody to talk to and i would most likely still be sitting as a lone sad case in my room twiddling my thumbs (on the xbox controller :P)
But i do literally have help 24/7 when needed and for that, i am most grateful *bows*

Rowan <3

11 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS ROWAN!

    A whole year, and you're still here. That's a good thing.

    Here's to another year!

    143

    _Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a whole year. Well congratulations!!! A lot of bloggers don't make it past a couple of months. I just hope I can last that long, haha. And there's nothing wrong with twiddling your thumbs on the xbox controller. Once again, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rowan
    Congratulations on your first anniversary. I'm glad you've found it beneficial - I know very well what it's like to sit around with issues you can't discuss with anyone in your everyday life. I've always found your blog, since I came across it in February or thereabouts, interesting and articulate, and I hope it's destined to continue in the future, for as long as it suits you to carry on.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rowan 1 year doesn't sound like very long but 365 days sounds like an eternity -congratulations on your first anniversary it really is quite an achievment and after a very eventful 12 months it really is great to still have you with us.
    Take care Stef.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grats Rowan :-)

    I for one am delighted you're still around!

    Love, always!
    -David

    ReplyDelete
  6. although I haven been there the whole year Rowan I did take time to read all your post a few months back .
    Think you have matured a fair bit in the past year. Also having this blog updated as well as your exams is a wonderful achievement.I know there have been crappy times for you also but
    at lest your still hear .x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rowan: Have a nice first anniversary and thank You very much for your kindness and gentlemanship. Guy De M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on persevering (with the blog!
    (Wot on earth is 'the announcement' going to be? ? ?!)

    I think blogging is a sort of self-help thing - mutual help, perhaps. It wouldn't be much fun for any of us if there weren't Followers and Comments and, yes, the ability for most of us to mail each other when things want to be more detailed or more private.

    Oh and BTW Its GB is only six months older that you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i dont know how could the blogosphere miss it but 2 guys broke the world record for the longest kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It didn't go unnoticed, im sure i seen it somewhere!
    Perhaps on It's Getting Better, not entirely sure, but i did see it :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid, drop a line or two :)